Accommodation in Nigeria

Old July 5th, 2004, 05:57 PM
Blake Evans-Pritchard

Default Accommodation in Nigeria

I am travelling to Nigeria this summer (in August) and was wondering
about what to do about accommodation there. Ideally I'd like to book
something in advance, but looking on the Internet accommodation seems
horrendously expensive (at least going by the non-local price).

Does anyone have any tips for where I should look? I guess it's best
to go prepared rather than find places to stay whilst there?

I'll go either to Abuja or Lagos - haven't yet decided.

Thanks in advance for the help,
Blake
Old July 5th, 2004, 10:29 PM
Pat Anderson

In message , Blake
Evans-Pritchard writes
I am travelling to Nigeria this summer (in August) and was wondering
about what to do about accommodation there. Ideally I'd like to book
something in advance, but looking on the Internet accommodation seems
horrendously expensive (at least going by the non-local price).

Does anyone have any tips for where I should look? I guess it's best
to go prepared rather than find places to stay whilst there?

I'll go either to Abuja or Lagos - haven't yet decided.

Thanks in advance for the help,
Blake

Hi Blake,
I did live in Nigeria but it was a while ago so I`m out of touch with
prices etc. We stayed in the Airport hotel, Ikeja, Lagos.
I suggest you go to the Thorn Tree forum at Lonely Planet, at the
Africa branch. You will need to register to post. There is plenty of
information there.
Not to embarrass you Blake but are you from The E- P family?
Good luck with your search.
Pat
--
Pat Anderson
Old July 6th, 2004, 10:06 AM
Blake Evans-Pritchard

Thanks for the advice, Pat.

And just to clarify that, yes, I am from E-P stock. The E-P you're
probably referring to was my grandfather. I guess I inherrited his
passion for Africa.

Rgds,
Blake Evans-Pritchard

Pat Anderson wrote in message ...
In message , Blake
Evans-Pritchard writes

Old July 22nd, 2004, 07:54 PM
Leigh Bowden

I've generally found accomodation to be easy to find so you shouldn't have
any problems really. Kano was especially easy and some of it was pretty
good. Sorry I can't be more specific. My general word of advice is make sure
you get to town quite early in the morning and you'll have no problems.

The Sheraton and Hilton are probably the worst places to go for price but
they used to do creditcards where as most others will only take cash.

om...