Goa advice sought urgently!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 8th, 2004, 08:02 AM
flyinyereye

Default Goa advice sought urgently!

"Newbie" wrote in message
I understand from your other posts that you ar eplanning the same trip?
How long? Have you decided upon your hotel(s)?

I'll be in India for three months, Mumbai - Maharashtra - Goa - Karnataka
and maybe Kerala, so all around the south west of India.

Sounds like I'll be doing a rather different trip to you as I'll be staying
in the $10/night style of accommodations. I have only chosen one hotel where
I'll stay after first arriving in Mumbai. After that I'll just take a look
at hotel rooms and decide as I go. Even for $10 (Rs.500) you can get a
reasonably clean room with it's own hot & cold bathroom and cable TV. No
swimming pool at that price tho!

In the north, it sounds like Calangute is overtouristed and not recommended,
althugh I have so much time I'll probably just try each place and stay as
long as I like it.

Colva, Majorda, Benaulim, Agonda, Patnem and Colomb all sound worth checking
out. I think they are all in South Goa.

If you haven't already, have a look and maybe ask your question at
www.indiamike.com as there are a friendly group of Indiaphiles who know all
there is to know. If you're specific about the type of hotel you want then
they should be able to help you.

The monsoon ends in September so there'll likely still be some rain about.
There'll be no shortage of accommodation and you should be able to haggle
the rate right down as the shoulder season doesn't begin until October.

I've been researching my little heart out, so I hope this helps.