Budget indian airliners..any experiences?

Old November 6th, 2007, 03:35 AM posted to rec.travel.air
the_niner_nation

Default Budget indian airliners..any experiences?

Hi..I'm thniking of taking a vacation toI ndia in the new year and have
heard that there are several ' no-frills' airliners doing cheap internal
flights.

has anyone had any experience sof using these carriers? any feedback
appreciated!

cheers.

Old November 6th, 2007, 09:18 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Dick Locke

On Tue, 6 Nov 2007 03:35:11 -0000, "the_niner_nation"
wrote:

Hi..I'm thniking of taking a vacation toI ndia in the new year and have
heard that there are several ' no-frills' airliners doing cheap internal
flights.

has anyone had any experience sof using these carriers? any feedback
appreciated!

cheers.

I flew recently on Jet Lite and Kingfisher. Mumbai-Delhi and return

Jet lite had the shortest pitch i've seen in years. I'm 6"0 and really
had trouble getting my legs in. Plane was in "Sahara" livery due to a
recent merger. Not sure if actual Jet Lite planes are identical.

Jet Airways (Jet Lite's parent) has a good reputation and flies from
Europe and I think the US.

On the other hand, Kingfisher (definitely not a no-frills airline) had
some of the nicest planes and best service I've experienced in a long
time.They are starting to venture internationally, and talking in
terms of 380s. (Kingfisher is a brewing company that also has an
airline...)

Noteworthy for India:

No alcohol on planes or in the airports (or at least airside).

Terrible flignt delays in and out of both Mumbai and Delhi

Mumbai airport modernization is stifled because 60, 000 illegal
squatter residences must be moved. Local politicians count on votes
from those folks and are throwing sand/spanners in the gears.
Old November 13th, 2007, 05:45 AM posted to rec.travel.air
RPS

:
: has anyone had any experience sof using these carriers? any feedback
: appreciated!

The one to be cautious about (=avoid when possible) is Air Deccan.

Others are acceptable, especially Spice Jet.

They would all try to get you on excess baggage charges though.
Old November 13th, 2007, 06:00 AM posted to rec.travel.air
grusl[_2_]

"RPS" wrote in message
the_niner_nation wrote:

: Hi..I'm thniking of taking a vacation toI ndia in the new year and have
: heard that there are several ' no-frills' airliners doing cheap internal
: flights.
:
: has anyone had any experience sof using these carriers? any feedback
: appreciated!

The one to be cautious about (=avoid when possible) is Air Deccan.

I disagree ... now. Air Deccan has been taken over by Kingfisher and has
received an influx of cash to deal with overdue maintenance issues and other
rumoured problems.

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore