Anybody else get one of these refund notices?

Old December 7th, 2007, 10:01 PM posted to rec.travel.air
irwell

Default Anybody else get one of these refund notices?

Arrived to day purporting to be from US District Court in
Philadelphia,
supposed to be for a refund of fees charged to Visa, Mastercard and
Diners Club for overseas transaction between Feb 1 1996 and November
8, 2006.

They enclose a form for claiming the refund or you
can file at a website.
Old December 8th, 2007, 03:06 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Newby

"Frank F. Matthews" wrote in message

Larry in AZ wrote:

Waiving the right to remain silent, irwell said:

Arrived to day purporting to be from US District Court in
Philadelphia,
supposed to be for a refund of fees charged to Visa, Mastercard and
Diners Club for overseas transaction between Feb 1 1996 and November
8, 2006.

They enclose a form for claiming the refund or you
can file at a website.

Yes, it's genuine. I read about it months ago. One of the few times in
legal history that class-action claimants actually get something other

than
some useless coupon. Real cash...

But will it be enough to cover the postage?

I signed and returned page 1 of 3. That was for a $25.00 refund. No
questions asked.

Old December 8th, 2007, 03:50 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Bert Hyman

In "Frank F. Matthews"
wrote:

Larry in AZ wrote:

Yes, it's genuine. I read about it months ago. One of the few times
in legal history that class-action claimants actually get something
other than some useless coupon. Real cash...

But will it be enough to cover the postage?

Just go to the Web site cited in the mailing, enter the code number and
you're done.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN
Old December 12th, 2007, 02:06 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Shawn Hirn

In article ,
irwell wrote:

Arrived to day purporting to be from US District Court in
Philadelphia,
supposed to be for a refund of fees charged to Visa, Mastercard and
Diners Club for overseas transaction between Feb 1 1996 and November
8, 2006.

They enclose a form for claiming the refund or you
can file at a website.

Yes. I visited Italy during that time frame for ten days. It was a very
low cost trip due to the exchange rate at the time and I actually paid
for most things with cash from an ATM, not credit card, so I sent in the
standard form to request my $25. Its not much, but it will be $25 I
wouldn't have otherwise received. Others might be eligible for a larger
payment.
Old December 12th, 2007, 02:07 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Shawn Hirn

In article ,
"Frank F. Matthews" wrote:

Larry in AZ wrote:

Waiving the right to remain silent, irwell said:

Arrived to day purporting to be from US District Court in
Philadelphia,
supposed to be for a refund of fees charged to Visa, Mastercard and
Diners Club for overseas transaction between Feb 1 1996 and November
8, 2006.

They enclose a form for claiming the refund or you
can file at a website.

Yes, it's genuine. I read about it months ago. One of the few times in
legal history that class-action claimants actually get something other than
some useless coupon. Real cash...

But will it be enough to cover the postage?

Yes. The minimum amount is $25.
Old December 13th, 2007, 07:22 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Mr. Travel

Shawn Hirn wrote:

In article ,
irwell wrote:

Arrived to day purporting to be from US District Court in
Philadelphia,
supposed to be for a refund of fees charged to Visa, Mastercard and
Diners Club for overseas transaction between Feb 1 1996 and November
8, 2006.

They enclose a form for claiming the refund or you
can file at a website.

Yes. I visited Italy during that time frame for ten days. It was a very
low cost trip due to the exchange rate at the time and I actually paid
for most things with cash from an ATM, not credit card, so I sent in the
standard form to request my $25. Its not much, but it will be $25 I
wouldn't have otherwise received. Others might be eligible for a larger
payment.

I am wondering how they estimate the payout for second form.
All you do is state the number of days you were outside the US.
That treats Mr. Economy Traveler the same as Daddy Warbucks.