Quebec - Mosquitoes?

Old September 5th, 2008, 08:51 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Wilf[_2_]

Default Quebec - Mosquitoes?

This may sound a stupid question, so apologies in advance! We are
cruising from Quebec next week (firstly staying in Quebec city for a
couple of days). Should I take, and use, mosquito repellent in that
part of the world?
--
Wilf
London, England
Old September 5th, 2008, 01:15 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

"Wilf" wrote in message
et...
This may sound a stupid question, so apologies in advance! We are
cruising from Quebec next week (firstly staying in Quebec city for a
couple of days). Should I take, and use, mosquito repellent in that part
of the world?
--
Wilf
London, England

We did a sailing a few years ago that went to Quebec City, and at the time
didn't need any repellent. But I guess it wouldn't hurt to bring some.
Just in case. Or it might make more sense to just buy some after you
arrive... you may not want to put it in your luggage in case it leaks.

--Tom

Old September 5th, 2008, 03:38 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Joseph Coulter[_4_]

Wilf wrote in
et:

This may sound a stupid question, so apologies in advance! We are
cruising from Quebec next week (firstly staying in Quebec city for a
couple of days). Should I take, and use, mosquito repellent in that
part of the world?

I certainly did not feel the need when I took a simlar cruise, but YMMV
as they say. In Quebec City proper I really doubt it. Should you venture
into the woods in say Nova Scotia, or Bar Harbor, Maine then maybe. You
will be daytime etc.

--
Joseph Coulter, cruises and vacations
www.josephcoulter.com

877 832 2021
904 631 8863 cell

Old September 5th, 2008, 05:38 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Wilf[_2_]

Wilf wrote, on 05/09/2008 8:51 am:
This may sound a stupid question, so apologies in advance! We are
cruising from Quebec next week (firstly staying in Quebec city for a
couple of days). Should I take, and use, mosquito repellent in that
part of the world?

Many thanks for responses. That's most helpful

--
Wilf
Old September 5th, 2008, 08:12 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Susette

On Sep 5, 3:51�am, Wilf wrote:
This may sound a stupid question, so apologies in advance! � We are
cruising from Quebec next week (firstly staying in Quebec city for a
couple of days). �Should I take, and use, mosquito repellent in that
part of the world?
--
Wilf
London, England

You will fall in love with Quebec. It reminded me of being in the
middle of a train scene you put up during christmas! Lovely City. Even
the French weren't bad
Old September 7th, 2008, 10:45 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_2_]

On 9/5/2008 3:12 PM Susette did a "happy dance", then made these writings:
On Sep 5, 3:51�am, Wilf wrote:

This may sound a stupid question, so apologies in advance! � We are
cruising from Quebec next week (firstly staying in Quebec city for a
couple of days). �Should I take, and use, mosquito repellent in that
part of the world?
--
Wilf
London, England

You will fall in love with Quebec. It reminded me of being in the
middle of a train scene you put up during christmas! Lovely City. Even
the French weren't bad

You need summer like temperatures and standing water for mosquitoes to
breed and bite. I checked today's Sunday 9-7-08, weather in Quibec.
With a high of 71F, current temp of 60F and a low of 50F; mosquitoes
save the hardiest are unlikely. It's too cold at night.
(see Springer http://www.springerlink.com/content/lp683435013v4747/)

--
________
Brian M. Kochera