Kangoroo Island - one day tips?

Old January 26th, 2005, 07:37 AM
Scotty

Default Kangoroo Island - one day tips?

Swimming would definately be the cheapest option.

"Susanne Junkel" wrote in message
Hi,

we'd like to spent one day at Kangoroo Island in early march (I know
it's not enough time, but better than not being there anyway)
We'll arrive at Port Elliot in the evening and spent the night there to
have one full day for the island (next night will be again at Port
Elliot).

What's the best (and maybe cheapest) way to get to the island? I found
the link for sealink-ferry, but it seems to be 138 A$ for the car and
64 A$ for each person (we're three) and that's pretty much. What about
organized day-tours from Port Elliot? Or is it better to take the own
car? Are there any cheaper ways to reach Kangoroo Island?

What should we have seen on the island? Where are the most spectacular
places?

Thanks for your advices!

--
Greets
Susanne

Old January 26th, 2005, 02:50 PM
Karen and Ken

Try flying to the island
http://www.tourkangarooisland.com.au/ki-tourism.htm

Old January 27th, 2005, 10:10 AM
Julie

[...]

We went on the ferry - did not take our car. There is a large car park to
leave your car where you board the Ferry.

We joined a day trip on a bus once we got there. There are a few to choose
from. The roads on Kangaroo Island are not that great once you get off the
main road. We also decided that to travel on the bus we would both get to
see everything rather than one concentrating on driving. We enjoyed our
day. Got back to the mainland around 9.00pm or so. I also believe that you
need longer than one day to become familiar with a place and to learn where
the interesting sites etc. are if you are going to drive yourself.