Petition Against Aruba

Old June 22nd, 2005, 08:37 AM
Howard Davenport

Default Petition Against Aruba

http://www.petitiononline.com/holloway/petition.html

Old June 22nd, 2005, 01:21 PM
mrtravel

Howard Davenport wrote:
http://www.petitiononline.com/holloway/petition.html

In many countries, including the US, suspects are often quickly released
when there is not sufficient evidence to hold them. In the US, "full
facts" regarding a current investigation are not released, why expect it
from Aruba? Why do you want to require a foreign government to permit US
law enforcement to interrogate the suspects. Do you think the US would
do the same for other countries?

Why the big focus on Aruba, which is much safer than most tourist
destinations? Though this is a tragic for Natalee and her family, there
is far more attention to this than similar problems (and worse) that
occur everyday all over the world.
Old June 22nd, 2005, 02:41 PM
mgb

Howard Davenport wrote:
http://www.petitiononline.com/holloway/petition.html

I'm trying to figure out what this has to do with cruising. Please - in
future any posts like this should be marked OT - off topic. Better still
- don't post it at all. While it is tragic for the family for sure, this
BS does nothing to solve it.

-mgb
Old June 22nd, 2005, 10:05 PM
ccsuwxman

mrtravel wrote:
Howard Davenport wrote:

http://www.petitiononline.com/holloway/petition.html

In many countries, including the US, suspects are often quickly released
when there is not sufficient evidence to hold them. In the US, "full
facts" regarding a current investigation are not released, why expect it
from Aruba? Why do you want to require a foreign government to permit US
law enforcement to interrogate the suspects. Do you think the US would
do the same for other countries?

Why the big focus on Aruba, which is much safer than most tourist
destinations? Though this is a tragic for Natalee and her family, there
is far more attention to this than similar problems (and worse) that
occur everyday all over the world.

Agreed. We may not see it the same, but they are following ARUBAN law,
and we have absolutely NO right to demand that the U.S. legal system, or
the FBI be involved in any way, shape or form. If a British citizen
went missing in the U.S., there is no way that we would allow agents of
Scotland Yard to come here and assist the investigation.

I guess some people just have too much time on their hands.
Old June 23rd, 2005, 02:06 AM
CruiseJournals.com

This is ridiculous...Are you serious? People want to start a petition
against Aruba because of this? Get a life...

I'm still wondering why all the Saudis on those planes were able to
leave the US on the days following 9/11 while the rest of your country
was grounded. Guess knowing people in high places works on both sides
of your border.

Old June 25th, 2005, 03:28 AM
Odysseus

In article , says...

Howard Davenport wrote:
http://www.petitiononline.com/holloway/petition.html

In many countries, including the US, suspects are often quickly released
when there is not sufficient evidence to hold them. In the US, "full
facts" regarding a current investigation are not released, why expect it
from Aruba? Why do you want to require a foreign government to permit US
law enforcement to interrogate the suspects. Do you think the US would
do the same for other countries?

Why the big focus on Aruba, which is much safer than most tourist
destinations? Though this is a tragic for Natalee and her family, there
is far more attention to this than similar problems (and worse) that
occur everyday all over the world.

I felt much safer walking the streets of Oranjestad at night than New York
City. I had a great time in Aruba and hope to go back there.