Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative!

Old June 10th, 2005, 01:02 PM
George Leppla

"Chrissy Cruiser" wrote in message
On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 19:24:59 -0400, George Leppla wrote:

In this day and age, there is no excuse to not have a passport if you are
going out of the country.

What about the new passports, George, are you telling your clients that
they might very well have to buy this one, another one in less than 3
years, and a $250 national ID Card?

No, I am telling them that if they want to go on a cruise in 2006 or later,
they should get a passport NOW.

Other than voting in elections, I have no control over what our government
is going to do in the future. What may or may not happen 3 years from now
has no bearing on the form of ID needed to go on a cruise now.

Tilting against windmills can be fun and sometimes can even be productive.
But a certain amount of pragmatism is needed to live in the real world......
and in the here and now in this real world, people ought to have passports.

--
George in PA http://www.countryside-travel.com

The Mother of All Group Cruises 2 - http://www.moagc2.com/
May 2006, Caribbean Princess - http://cruisemaster.com/caribprin.htm
October 2006 - SLEAZY 4!

Old June 10th, 2005, 07:17 PM
CruiseJournals.com

Most Americans don't have passports because they don't actually
understand that there are other countries out there. Let's face
it...even your president never had a passport until he was voted in
(well, appointed...he actually lost the election).

As far as the National ID card...you can have it. Do you ever get the
feeling like you're living in Germany in the late 30's? You should
study your history, because it's repeating.

You're losing your democracy...and you don't even seem to care.

Old June 11th, 2005, 03:36 PM
Chrissy Cruiser

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 08:02:19 -0400, George Leppla wrote:

What about the new passports, George, are you telling your clients that
they might very well have to buy this one, another one in less than 3
years, and a $250 national ID Card?

No, I am telling them that if they want to go on a cruise in 2006 or later,
they should get a passport NOW.

Other than voting in elections, I have no control over what our government
is going to do in the future. What may or may not happen 3 years from now
has no bearing on the form of ID needed to go on a cruise now.

Tilting against windmills can be fun and sometimes can even be productive.
But a certain amount of pragmatism is needed to live in the real world......
and in the here and now in this real world, people ought to have passports.

Being pragmatic is exactly what I was asking about. The REAL ID Act is
going to be signed soon, the news will be expensive, then, with the known
no longer speculated, will it be pragmatic to let your clientele know?
--
http://www.no2id.net/content/flash02.html
Old June 11th, 2005, 03:44 PM
Chrissy Cruiser

On 10 Jun 2005 11:17:06 -0700, CruiseJournals.com wrote:

Most Americans don't have passports because they don't actually
understand that there are other countries out there. Let's face
it...even your president never had a passport until he was voted in
(well, appointed...he actually lost the election).

As far as the National ID card...you can have it. Do you ever get the
feeling like you're living in Germany in the late 30's? You should
study your history, because it's repeating.

You're losing your democracy...and you don't even seem to care.

It's a combination of not knowing and not caring. We are sandwiched between
the elder generation who still sing war tunes and wave flags and repeat
over and over how we are defending democracy in Iraq and the younger
generation which is predominated with spoiled, brain dead, insulated,
overtrophied morons.

The former are cluelessly indoctrinated and the latter don't give a ****.

The ones I am most ****ed off about are the ones who ought to know better,
the 60's/70s folks who raised these younger generation lifeduds. If you
lived in, at, around or near Vietnam, and raised the kids we see today, and
decide to look away at the erosions around you, you ought to be shot
standing. You have no excuses, none, zip, nada, you had the experiences of
a lifetime to learn from in those Nixonian days.
--
http://www.no2id.net/content/flash02.html
Old June 11th, 2005, 03:45 PM
Chrissy Cruiser

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 04:17:13 -0400, Jim wrote:

So your website is REALLY just an excuse to further your particular
political beliefs and attack the sitting President of the United States? I
thought it was supposed to be about cruises? It is just disgusting that you
are posting such vile accusations, (without any proof or even indications I
might add), about political matters while pretending to run a cruise
information site! You have to be IMPARTIAL to politics to be credible.
Jim

If you're impartial to politics these days, Bragg, you might as well be
dead.
--
http://www.no2id.net/content/flash02.html
Old June 11th, 2005, 03:49 PM
Chrissy Cruiser

On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 23:10:26 -0700, How B wrote:

Chrissy Cruiser wrote:
On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 18:24:45 -0700, How B wrote:
You call to make a a reservation to most
international destinations, they ask if you have a passport, that's it.
Why can't the cruise industry do the same?

Because if you spend x on a passport, then you might have x less to spend
on their product.

LOL nothing left over to buy $10 "drink of the day with souvenir
glass" or faux gold by the inch.

How B

Pretty much, disposable incomes are taking a beating and the cruise
business is more of displacement $$ not new $$. That's good and bad. Good
for them now, they'll be the first to take a hit later.

They had best get going on the gas/oil addons, drop the options periods,
max out prices, screw down on agent commissions because this economy could
drop disposable incomes to their lowest levels in a heartbeat.
--
http://www.no2id.net/content/flash02.html
Old June 11th, 2005, 03:54 PM
George Leppla

"Chrissy Cruiser" wrote

Being pragmatic is exactly what I was asking about. The REAL ID Act is
going to be signed soon, the news will be expensive, then, with the known
no longer speculated, will it be pragmatic to let your clientele know?

Yes. When it stops being speculation and becomes fact, I will let my
customers know. Until then, I can only tell them what forms of ID they need
now under current regulations.

Old June 11th, 2005, 07:53 PM
How B

Chrissy Cruiser wrote:
On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 23:10:26 -0700, How B wrote:
LOL nothing left over to buy $10 "drink of the day with souvenir
glass" or faux gold by the inch.

They had best get going on the gas/oil addons, drop the options periods,
max out prices, screw down on agent commissions because this economy could
drop disposable incomes to their lowest levels in a heartbeat.

No kidding, I`see so many articles in the newspapers: personal savings
are at the lowest point ever, people are cashing in on their home's
equity, maxing out credit cards, buying homes with zero down and
interest-only payments for the first five years, and we have a stock
market that flinches every time Alan Greenspan blows his nose. The
dollar has tanked, in five years we've amassed the largest national debt
in history.

I know that cruise line contracts contain a fuel surcharge clause. Has
any line ever exercised it in recent history?

Howard

Old June 11th, 2005, 07:57 PM
How B

Chrissy Cruiser wrote:

The ones I am most ****ed off about are the ones who ought to know better,
the 60's/70s folks who raised these younger generation lifeduds. If you
lived in, at, around or near Vietnam, and raised the kids we see today, and
decide to look away at the erosions around you, you ought to be shot
standing. You have no excuses, none, zip, nada, you had the experiences of
a lifetime to learn from in those Nixonian days.

Absolutely, unequivocally, yes.

HB

Old June 12th, 2005, 01:00 AM
Jimbo

"Passport or other accepted document required".
The big little word I see here is OR.
Passport. OR
This does NOT say you have to get a passport.
Jim
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
SNIP
=95 December 31, 2005 =96 Passport or other accepted document required
for all air and sea travel to or from the Caribbean, Bermuda and Central
and South America.
=95 December 31, 2006 =96 Passport or other accepted document required
for all air or sea travel to or from Mexico and Canada.
=95 December 31, 2007 =96 Passport or other accepted document required
for all air, sea and land border crossings.
SNIP