is this a travel forum??

Old December 18th, 2007, 08:13 PM posted to rec.travel.budget.backpack
[email protected]

Default is this a travel forum??

Hi guys,
I'm a traveller (a serious one: www.albytravel.com) and I'm amazed
by how badly managed is this forum. Sorry but who is the moderator??
It's a pity to see how such potential is unused.
I used rec.travel... 7 years ago and it was quite ok (it helped me to
get the visa for Iran),
but now it's just rubbish.
Do something!!

alby

Old December 31st, 2007, 07:32 PM posted to rec.travel.budget.backpack
[email protected]

On Dec 18, 2:13 pm, wrote:
Hi guys,
I'm a traveller (a serious one:www.albytravel.com) and I'm amazed
by how badly managed is this forum. Sorry but who is the moderator??
It's a pity to see how such potential is unused.
I used rec.travel... 7 years ago and it was quite ok (it helped me to
get the visa for Iran),
but now it's just rubbish.
Do something!!

alby

Yes, it is a shame what the Usenet rec. groups have turned into. Not
just this one, but All of the ones I am subscribed to. The posts, for
the most part, are a sea of Off Topic cryptic spam. I also used this
group in the past and received help and advice on travels to SE Asia.
It seems the serious On Topic posters and moderators have gone
elsewhere. I have seen many of the former Usenet people on my Yahoo
Groups. The groups that I belong to are moderated and the posts are
filtered before going to the group. I haven't done a search yet for a
backpacking travel group, but I'm thinking there is certainly
something out there that is moderated. If someone knows of one, please
post the link . Maybe a few of you (like me) are still lurking here.
BTW, I enjoyed your website about your travels, so this group is not
yet a total waste ! Myself, I am off to the Philippines next month
for some birding, sound recording, and backpacking on Palawan.

bill