June: Cheap Hotels near Heathrow.

Old February 14th, 2004, 02:15 AM
Ryan S

Default June: Cheap Hotels near Heathrow.

Hello,

A friend and I will be arriving at Heathrow around 8:00pm on June 29th
and have a morning flight out the next day. The cheapest airport
we've seen on Expedia is $100 US for the night.

Are there any other good hotels in the area (basic, motel type places)
that might have double rooms for less? Maybe a British or European
Chain? We aren't looking for anything fancy, just something cheap and
close to the airport. Thanks in advance!

Ryan S
Old February 14th, 2004, 02:26 AM
BB

On 13 Feb 2004 17:15:36 -0800, Ryan S wrote:

Are there any other good hotels in the area (basic, motel type places)
that might have double rooms for less? Maybe a British or European
Chain? We aren't looking for anything fancy, just something cheap and
close to the airport. Thanks in advance!

Something else to consider: close to the tube that runs from the airport
(unless you want to try taxi, not sure how hard it is to get one in the
AM). There should be several places to stay in Hounslow; if you don't get
anything good here, check http://www.smoothhound.co.uk/53.html. I'd looked
for some in the area, but decided to stay near Paddington (Heathrow
Express) since we were staying a few days.

--
-BB-
To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least)
Old February 14th, 2004, 02:30 AM

Default Cheap Hotels near Heathrow.

Also bear in mind once you've located a cheaper hotel do weigh the cost of
the tube, taxi or other mode of trans not to mention the hassle vs. just
being at the airport.

om...

Old February 14th, 2004, 02:45 AM
DeeLeeCee

Try this one: Quality Hotel Heathrow. We just booked for a very reasonable
price. EMail:

They have a shuttle bus to airport.

www.activehotels.com
Old February 14th, 2004, 02:52 AM
Traveler

Ibis London Heathrow.
http://www.accor.com - not such a great deal for a weekday stay, but good
for a weekend stay
I haven't stayed at that one, but I liked the one I tried elsewhere and the
chain is known for clean, basic quality.

Also, try bidding on Priceline - see www.betterbidding.com for tips.

Traveler