Carnival Cruise Lines dramatically expands short cruise offerings in 2004.

Old March 31st, 2004, 05:48 PM
Anchors Away Cruise Center

Default Carnival Cruise Lines dramatically expands short cruise offerings in 2004.

Carnival Cruise Lines dramatically expands short cruise offerings in
2004. New 'Fun Ship' departures from Jacksonville, Fla., Mobile, Ala.,
further bolster line's distinction as short cruise leader
Responding to the escalating trend toward shorter, more frequent
vacations, Carnival Cruise Lines will increase its short cruise
offerings this year by 50 percent and provide consumers with 39
different short cruise itineraries, including departures from two new
homeports - Jacksonville, Fla., and Mobile, Ala.

"Carnival continues to break new ground in the short cruise arena and
our new four- and five-day departures from Jacksonville and Mobile
reflect our focus on this vacation segment which caters to those
seeking convenient, close-to-home vacation alternatives," said Bob
Dickinson, Carnival president and CEO.

According to the Cruise Lines International Association, short cruises
(voyages of five days or less in length) are the fastest-growing
segment in the cruise industry. In fact, 13 of Carnival's 20 "Fun
Ships" will operate short cruises from 13 different North American
homeports - the most of any cruise line - this year.

"Time is a precious commodity these days and more consumers are
gravitating toward quick, affordable getaways. Carnival's short 'Fun
Ship' cruises are perfectly suited for today's lifestyles, providing
an unparalleled combination of value, choice and flexibility, with
more itineraries and departure points than ever before," said
Dickinson.

Carnival's short cruise programs include:

Carnival Miracle - three-day Bahamas and five-day Key West/Bahamas
cruises from Jacksonville now through April 17; special five-day
Canada cruise from New York June 7; two-day voyages from Baltimore
Oct. 31 and Tampa Nov. 5.

Jubilee - Four-day Bahamas and five-day Key West/Bahamas cruises from
Jacksonville May 11 - August 26.

Celebration - Four- and five-day Mexico cruises from Galveston, Texas,
through Oct. 4; year-round four-day Bahamas and five-day Key
West/Bahamas cruises from Jacksonville beginning Oct. 12.

Holiday - Four- and five-day Mexico cruises from New Orleans through
Oct. 9; year-round four- and five-day Mexico cruises from Mobile
beginning Oct. 16.

Imagination - Year-round four- and five-day western Caribbean cruises
from Miami.

Fascination - Year-round three-day Bahamas and four-day western
Caribbean cruises from Miami.

Ecstasy - Three- and four-day Baja cruises from Long Beach, Calif.,
through Sept. 13; four- and five-day Mexico cruises from Galveston
beginning Oct. 23.

Paradise - Year-round three- and four-day Baja cruises from Long Beach
beginning Sept. 20.

Sensation - Four- and five-day cruises from Tampa through Oct. 16;
year-round four- and five-day Mexico cruises from New Orleans
beginning Oct. 23.

Inspiration - Year-round four and five-day cruises from Tampa
beginning Oct. 30.

Fantasy - Year-round three- and four-day Bahamas cruises from Port
Canaveral, Fla.

Carnival Victory - Two-day cruises from Norfolk June 12 and Oct. 16;
two-day cruises from New York June 15 and 17; four- and five-day
Canada cruises from New York June 19 - Sept. 6; and five-day Bahamas
cruises from Charleston May 31 and Oct. 19.

Carnival Spirit - Special three-day Baja cruise from San Diego April
15.

Many consumers are opting to combine their "Fun Ship" vacation with a
pre- or post-cruise land stay, creating customized land/cruise
packages. Carnival has expanded its efforts in this area, adding
luxurious new hotel properties such as the Sawgrass Marriott Resort &
Beach Club in Jacksonville, Sheraton Hotel & Towers in New York, and
Westin Long Beach Hotel in Long Beach.
Carnival's short "Fun Ship" departures complement a wide variety of
six- to 16-day cruises to the Caribbean, Alaska, Hawaii, Mexican
Riviera, Panama Canal, and Canada/New England.

(Source: Carnival Cruise Lines)

Eric I.
Anchors Away Cruise Center
Rocklin, CA
http://www.mustcruise.com
1 888 516 6306

Old March 31st, 2004, 08:23 PM
Dick Goldhaber

Jim,

When I saw the SPAM I just killfiled, which means I used the "block sender"
option on Outlook Express.

I didn't repeat the troll's entire message as you just did.
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

"Jim L" wrote in message
ink.net...
SPAM !!!!!!

Stop it !!!

Old April 1st, 2004, 12:43 AM
Jim

Excuse me? Why is it SPAM when a Travel Agent other than Lighthouse does it?
Exact same thing guys. I didn't see any request to go to their website
either for other press releases like the other one does.
Jim

"Dick Goldhaber" wrote in message
Jim,

When I saw the SPAM I just killfiled, which means I used the "block

sender"
option on Outlook Express.

I didn't repeat the troll's entire message as you just did.
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

"Jim L" wrote in message
ink.net...
SPAM !!!!!!

Stop it !!!

Old April 1st, 2004, 01:42 AM
Jmpngtiger

It wasn't. It was a posting of a news release of interest to the NG. Many of
these news releases are sent only to travel agents, that's why many of us
appreciate the TA's, like Ray, that pass them on to the rest of us.

No one puts a gun to your head to force you to read any one posting. You can
tell from the headline whether or not to read the post. Yet this seems to
infuriate many.

jt

Excuse me? Why is it SPAM when a Travel Agent other than Lighthouse does it?
Exact same thing guys. I didn't see any request to go to their website
either for other press releases like the other one does.
Jim

"Dick Goldhaber" wrote in message
Jim,

When I saw the SPAM I just killfiled, which means I used the "block

sender"
option on Outlook Express.

I didn't repeat the troll's entire message as you just did.
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

"Jim L" wrote in message
ink.net...
SPAM !!!!!!

Stop it !!!

Old April 1st, 2004, 05:03 AM
Dick Goldhaber

Jim,

I did what I did. If you don't want to, don't.

Lighthouse isn't my TA but he is "grandfathered" in my system and I don't
need anyone else.

Just my opinion, Jim, YMMV, and thank you to whoever I stole that from.
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

"Jim" wrote in message
Excuse me? Why is it SPAM when a Travel Agent other than Lighthouse does

it?
Exact same thing guys. I didn't see any request to go to their website
either for other press releases like the other one does.
Jim

"Dick Goldhaber" wrote in message
Jim,

When I saw the SPAM I just killfiled, which means I used the "block

sender"
option on Outlook Express.

I didn't repeat the troll's entire message as you just did.
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

"Jim L" wrote in message
ink.net...
SPAM !!!!!!

Stop it !!!

Old April 1st, 2004, 11:54 PM
Gordon

"Jim L" wrote in message
ink.net...
SPAM !!!!!!

Stop it !!!

"Anchors Away Cruise Center" wrote in message
m...
Carnival Cruise Lines dramatically expands short cruise offerings in
2004. New 'Fun Ship' departures from Jacksonville, Fla., Mobile, Ala.,

Rest snipped.

Why is this spam? We have our resident TA who posts this stuff on the hour.
Why isn't that considered spam?

Gordon

Old April 2nd, 2004, 12:37 AM
Cruising Chrissy

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 18:44:24 GMT, "Jim L" wrote:

SPAM !!!!!!

Stop it !!!

No it's not. Ray does this all the time.

So you either agree that Ray is a spamadvertiser or you don't. Which
is it?
Old April 2nd, 2004, 12:38 AM
Cruising Chrissy

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 15:43:58 -0800, "Jim"
wrote:

Excuse me? Why is it SPAM when a Travel Agent other than Lighthouse does it?
Exact same thing guys. I didn't see any request to go to their website
either for other press releases like the other one does.
Jim

Here , here. Let the hypocrites flock out now defending Googleberg.
Old April 2nd, 2004, 01:02 AM
Charles

In article , Gordon
wrote:

Why is this spam? We have our resident TA who posts this stuff on the hour.
Why isn't that considered spam?

"Anchors Away...." does not participate in the r.t.c. discussion. Also
their posts are repeats of press releases that were already posted to
r.t.c. They are not posting new releases. For example the press release
on Carnival short cruise offerings that they posted yesterday 3/31, was
already posted on 3/26, by Ray.

--
Charles