Need companion for Half Dome hike?

Old August 31st, 2004, 04:56 PM
NoPoliticsHere

Default Need companion for Half Dome hike?

Looks like my buddy who'd planned to meet me at Yosemite for
our 9-19-04 Half Dome hike likely won't be able to make it,
so it'll be solo for me I guess.

Would anybody reading this happen to be planning that hike that
day (from Happy Isles to the top of H.D., and back of course)?
If my friend ends up being able to swing it, you'd be welcome
to join us; the more the merrier! I've never done this hike,
but should have no problem completing the round trip before
sundown, FYI. Thanks. Don't hesitate to e-mail me if interested..
or you could just post here. Thanks.

BTW, you can come along without regard to race, national origin,
creed, sex, eye color, etc. I'm a pleasant fellow to hike with.

--
Alan in GA
Old September 1st, 2004, 07:46 PM
rick++

Even in mid Sept? How late in the year does this keep up?
Or does it ever let up? It's pretty sad when "backcountry"
gets so crowded they almost need traffic lights.

Sept is the best month of the year.
Probably no snow or mosquitos.
Euro-pests and families are mostly gone.
Hopefully there is a gap between summer monsoons and winter storms.
At some point the poles and slats are removed from ladder walkway
for winter turning it into harder-to-use cables.