Cancun vs Varadero ?

Old March 19th, 2005, 01:35 AM
nick

Default Cancun vs Varadero ?

Hi, a friend and I are planning a trip in late April or early May and
cannot decide between Cancun vs Varadero. We are two males in late
20s, early 30s and are looking to have a fun time on the beach, as
well as partake in the nightlife. The thought of meeting attractive
single women in our age group is also a major motivation. Any
suggestions on which place might offer the most excitement. We'd like
to stay at a nice resort and don't mind spending a bit more to get the
royal treatment. If anyone could offer some pros/cons about each, it
would be a big help.
Thanks
Nic
Old March 19th, 2005, 05:21 PM
Irene

You won't find any hotel on Varadero that is a true 5 star. Some are very
nice though. Food is good but not the best I've had. I find the nightlife in
Cancun far more exciting. Most if not all of the women I saw in Varadero
were spoken for already and most were European and over 40. Some well over
40 :-)

I say go to Cancun. Especially if your going from the US. Less hassles and
more to do off resort too.

Old March 22nd, 2005, 02:03 AM
Sam

Easy...Cancun. For one simple reason. It is illegal for the locals to
mingle with the tourists in Cuba. In Cancun, it's still very difficult
to meet single girls in your age group that's because most women are
with their boyfriends. Still, the odds are better if you go to Cancun.
Warning though, you may feel like an old man after seeing all those
young girls there. ;-) As far as Cuba goes, yes, most women, much more
so than in Cancun are already spoken for.