Oasis of the Seas Pictures

Old November 30th, 2009, 09:49 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
\Muz@oo\

Default Oasis of the Seas Pictures

wrote in message
: On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 00:35:44 -0500, Steve wrote:
:
: Interesting. Apart from the sheer size of the vessel limiting what
ports she can call at, all of the greenery limits ports even
: further. Quarantine laws would stop the ship entering Australian
waters with those plants as they are.
:
: Now THAT's interesting. I'm pretty aware of the problems of invasive
: species but I have to admit, I didn't even think of a problem with
: traveling plants when I first read about the Central Park idea. I hope
: the future of Oasis isn't a collection of plastic plants.
:
: It's not so much the plants as the insect pests they may harbour.

I'm not much a botanist, however, if you consider the high-tolerant
(salt-air, moisture-seeking) plantings I've seen on the OASIS Central Park
videos, the rarity of infestation could be lessened by the daily care given
by staff and natural resistance on sea-worthy craft.

Old November 30th, 2009, 09:53 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
\Muz@oo\

""Muz@oo"" wrote in message
abs...
:
: wrote in message
: ...
:: On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 00:35:44 -0500, Steve wrote:
::
::
:: It's not so much the plants as the insect pests they may harbour.
:
:
: I'm not much a botanist, however, if you consider the high-tolerant
: (salt-air, moisture-seeking) plantings I've seen on the OASIS Central Park
: videos, the rarity of infestation could be lessened by the daily care
given
: by staff and natural resistance on sea-worthy craft.
:
Pardon me, I meant infestation could be lessened, not the rarity of an
occurrence.

Old December 7th, 2009, 04:17 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

George Leppla wrote:
It has been hectic since we got home, but I have uploaded some pictures
from the Oasis of the Seas.

Look at http://cruisemaster.typepad.com/photos/oasis/index.html

George, thanks for the wonderful pictures. This ship is way different
and there are a lot of things I like aobut it. I am glad we will be on
it with you, but am not sure once I have seen it that I will want to go
again. As many people have said it is like a land resort at sea.

Love, love, love the Solarium Hot Tub and also love that the pool hot
tubs have a cover for shade.

In the pictures the balcony cabins remind me a lot of those on the
Solstice. Same desk, vanity etc. In some other pictuees I have seen the
closet by the bed, slso like on the Solstice. Is it pretty much the
same layout?

sue

Old December 7th, 2009, 04:19 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Tom K wrote:
"George Leppla" wrote in message
It has been hectic since we got home, but I have uploaded some pictures
from the Oasis of the Seas.

Look at http://cruisemaster.typepad.com/photos/oasis/index.html

I'll work on a trip report soon.

The weirdest thing to me seems like how the pool deck is split in half...
kind of "disconnected"... did you get that feeling? Or does it work once you
get there in person?

Tom, to me the pool decks remind me of a pool club on the top of a fancy
high rise apartment building.LOL

sue
Old December 7th, 2009, 11:01 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Becca

Sue Mullen wrote:

George Leppla wrote:
It has been hectic since we got home, but I have uploaded some
pictures from the Oasis of the Seas.

Look at http://cruisemaster.typepad.com/photos/oasis/index.html

George, thanks for the wonderful pictures. This ship is way different
and there are a lot of things I like aobut it. I am glad we will be on
it with you, but am not sure once I have seen it that I will want to
go again. As many people have said it is like a land resort at sea.

Love, love, love the Solarium Hot Tub and also love that the pool hot
tubs have a cover for shade.

In the pictures the balcony cabins remind me a lot of those on the
Solstice. Same desk, vanity etc. In some other pictuees I have seen
the closet by the bed, slso like on the Solstice. Is it pretty much
the same layout?

sue

Sue, there were several things on the Oasis that reminded me of the
Solstice, such as the wave shaped cabins and the bathrooms. Also, the
Solarium reminded me of the Solstice, only I think the Oasis improved on
the Solstice just a little. They also have those large, white, hooded
seats, the ones that are big enough for two.

Becca
Old December 7th, 2009, 11:20 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Becca wrote:
Sue Mullen wrote:

George Leppla wrote:
[...]

Did the top drawer of the vanity get warm? Like the one that melted your
chocolate.LOL The vanity area and the closets look just like the
Solstice, but I have only seen pictures so far.

Were the hot tubs more comfortable with room to put your feet? That is
one thing I love about the Grandeur class of ships, great hot tubs.

sue
Old December 9th, 2009, 01:51 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Becca

Sue Mullen wrote:

Sue, there were several things on the Oasis that reminded me of the
Solstice, such as the wave shaped cabins and the bathrooms. Also,
the Solarium reminded me of the Solstice, only I think the Oasis
improved on the Solstice just a little. They also have those large,
white, hooded seats, the ones that are big enough for two.

Did the top drawer of the vanity get warm? Like the one that melted
your chocolate.LOL The vanity area and the closets look just like the
Solstice, but I have only seen pictures so far.

Were the hot tubs more comfortable with room to put your feet? That is
one thing I love about the Grandeur class of ships, great hot tubs.

sue

You are right about the top drawer getting warm on that other ship.
lol I did not notice that happening on the Oasis. It might have been
warm, I just didn't notice.

The hot tubs were comfortable on the Oasis and we had plenty of room for
our legs. To turn the hot tubs on, there are black circles about the
size of a silver dollar. You wave your hand over the circle and it
turns it on, you don't touch it. They have large hot tubs and small
ones, they have lots of them, too. We will certainly enjoy our hot tub
parties on this ship.

Becca
Old December 9th, 2009, 09:38 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_2_]

George Leppla wrote On 11/25/2009 11:53 AM:
It has been hectic since we got home, but I have uploaded some
pictures from the Oasis of the Seas.

Look at http://cruisemaster.typepad.com/photos/oasis/index.html

I'll work on a trip report soon.

George what an extensive selection of images. Here are some of my
impressions of these images. This ship's decor goes from superb to
tacky. In the what were they thinking department, the mens and ladies
in the pool area. Tacky Tacky Tacky. Boardwalk? If I want to see a
cheesy boardwalk I have to go no further then Seaside Heights, NJ. Why
put a cheesy boardwalk on a luxury cruise ship? Tacky. The colors in
the Suite Lounge are sick making, brown and orange when combined in
hospitals have increased patient's nausea. The teen lounge looks like
someone turned Juni Jetson loose. Ultra modern is sooo over. The Teen
Center looks like a flop house in a crack den. The hot tubs look like
escapees from the NYC 1964 Worlds Fair, Ultra modern is so from the
past. Who wants a balcony looking in on other balconies and the
promenade, central park? Wait a minute, this could make high rise
condo and apartment dwellers feel right at home. To get away from the
congestion of city life, they book a cruise on a luxury ship in a cabin
that is just like the congestion they're trying to leave behind?

Why don't they just park the thing somewhere and call it an island?

--
________
Brian M. Kochera

View My Web Pages: http://home.earthlink.net/~brian1951
My Shutterfly Page http://photosbybrianmk.shutterfly.com/
Old December 9th, 2009, 02:53 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Becca wrote:

The hot tubs were comfortable on the Oasis and we had plenty of room for
our legs. To turn the hot tubs on, there are black circles about the
size of a silver dollar. You wave your hand over the circle and it
turns it on, you don't touch it. They have large hot tubs and small
ones, they have lots of them, too. We will certainly enjoy our hot tub
parties on this ship.

I like the way you turn the hot tub on. Of the few hot tubs I have seen
pictures of, my favorite is the one in the Solarium that is on the edge
of the ship.

Our group is going to have to do a lot of pre-cruise planning if we want
to do things together. Otherwise we will roam the ship and never see
each other, except at dinner.LOL

This reminds me that Kevin has to check with his oncologist and make
sure he can use the hot tubs. Oh well, I can still use them even if he
can't.LOL

sue
Old December 13th, 2009, 02:51 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Becca

Sue Mullen wrote:
I like the way you turn the hot tub on. Of the few hot tubs I have
seen pictures of, my favorite is the one in the Solarium that is on
the edge of the ship.

Our group is going to have to do a lot of pre-cruise planning if we
want to do things together. Otherwise we will roam the ship and never
see each other, except at dinner.LOL

This reminds me that Kevin has to check with his oncologist and make
sure he can use the hot tubs. Oh well, I can still use them even if he
can't.LOL

sue

You make a good point about finding each other. We will have no problem
finding each other in the Solarium, we just need to pick the same side
of the ship. They have food and beverages nearby, which is nice. I
hope Kevin can join in with the hot tub parties. Some of the tubs are
hotter than others, if we need to find a cooler hot tub, we can do
that. I hope Lori and Becky bring their toys. :-)

Becca