RCL schedules

Old February 21st, 2011, 03:31 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Kurt Ullman

Default RCL schedules

Early planning on our 2012 cruise. Looking at the RCL wesite, it looks
like all they are showing for 7 days or more in the Caribbean is
Oasis/Allure. Is that it or are they likely to release a more involved
schedule soon?

--
"Even I realized that money was to politicians what the ecalyptus tree is to koala bears: food, water, shelter and something to crap on."
---PJ O'Rourke
Old February 21st, 2011, 07:23 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Gadget World

Kurt,

RCI will have the Oasis, Allure and Freedom in 7 day Caribbean year
round.

The Liberty and Navigator will be in Europe.

The problem with this schedule is that the Oasis & Allure are the high
priced spread, but with so little tonnage in the Caribbean in the summer
they can get their prices easier than in season.

I don't know why more ships aren't kept in the Caribbean all year as
they fill easily with so little competition.

Gadget

Old February 21st, 2011, 10:30 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

So good to see someone posting again about cruising,we have also been
looking for a nice cruise,but we may have to wait until fall of 2011 i
see where the cruise prices from the ports around us are going up-up-up

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Old February 22nd, 2011, 01:55 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

On 2/21/11 9:31 AM, Kurt Ullman wrote:
Early planning on our 2012 cruise. Looking at the RCL wesite, it looks
like all they are showing for 7 days or more in the Caribbean is
Oasis/Allure. Is that it or are they likely to release a more involved
schedule soon?

What month are you looking at?

--Tom
Old February 22nd, 2011, 02:17 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Gadget
World wrote:

I don't know why more ships aren't kept in the Caribbean all year as
they fill easily with so little competition.

Simple. They can sell cabins for higher prices on European cruises than
Caribbean cruises. Also summer is the season for Alaska.

--
Charles

Old February 22nd, 2011, 03:17 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Kurt
Ullman wrote:

Feb 2012

Are you limiting the cruises to Fort Lauderdale?

I see other seven day cruises in February 2012 on the RC website other
than Allure and Oasis if you include other homeports.

--
Charles
Old February 22nd, 2011, 03:58 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Kurt Ullman

In article ,
Charles wrote:

In article , Kurt
Ullman wrote:

Feb 2012

Are you limiting the cruises to Fort Lauderdale?

Yep and/or Miami. We go to the Keys for 8 weeks, do a cruise, and
then drive back North. I guess we could also do Port Canaveral if
needed, but that is quite a run from Marathon.

I see other seven day cruises in February 2012 on the RC website other
than Allure and Oasis if you include other homeports.

Included Miami.

Old February 22nd, 2011, 04:18 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle[_3_]

"Kurt Ullman" wrote in message
m...
In article ,
Tom K wrote:

On 2/21/11 9:31 AM, Kurt Ullman wrote:
Early planning on our 2012 cruise. Looking at the RCL wesite, it looks
like all they are showing for 7 days or more in the Caribbean is
Oasis/Allure. Is that it or are they likely to release a more involved
schedule soon?

What month are you looking at?

--Tom

Feb 2012

Kurt, I HIGHLY recommend the Oasis or the Eclipse if they are sailing in
that time period. We took the Oasis last October...loved it and just got
off the Eclipse this past Saturday and it was one beautiful ship with
excellent service and food. Would go on either one again!

--Jean

Old February 22nd, 2011, 05:07 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Gadget World

Charles,

Yes they do get higher prices in Europe, but...

They lose on both transatlantics.

They don't fill the shoulders of spring & fall.

Europe has higher costs for the ship,

One hiccup in the Med from the problems in Northern Africa and the
Europe cruise bubble will burst!

Americans are always happy to see governments topple and greedy leaders
go,
but we would love to see the Shah of Iran back,
and we will miss Mubarak and most of the others, when they are replaced
by Muslim extremists who will make the med a scary place to cruise.

At least RCI keeps one foot in the Caribbean year round.

Inspector Gadget