Bad Customs experience at Auckland airport

Old April 9th, 2005, 10:06 PM
David Bennetts

"Emery Lapinski" wrote in message
om...
In March, 2005 while travelling from Bangkok to Auckland I was
detained by the Customs Service at the Auckland Airport for over 2
hours. I was interrogated, had every article in my bags gone through,
and finally strip searched before being released. The 3 most important
factors resulting in their mistaken suspicions were that I was 1) an
American 2) coming from Thailand 3) without a pre-arranged hotel
booking. So do yourself a favor and book your hotel before you leave.
Or just skip New Zealand altogether -- you're not really missing
anything.

So you think you were badly treated, here's what Americans do - far worse
than your alleged treatment.

http://web.morons.org/article.jsp?sectionid=8&id=6131

So I'd suggest Australians and New Zealanders skip the USA, you're not
really missing anything.

Regards

David Bennetts
Australia

Old April 10th, 2005, 12:58 AM
Ken Pisichko

David Bennetts wrote:

So you think you were badly treated, here's what Americans do - far worse
than your alleged treatment.

http://web.morons.org/article.jsp?sectionid=8&id=6131

So I'd suggest Australians and New Zealanders skip the USA, you're not
really missing anything.

Regards

David Bennetts
Australia

Yes David this certainly shows there are morons in the USA who are on the
extreme left hand side of the Bell Curve as far as civility and common sense
and intelligence is concerned.

However, I travel to the USA often and have always been treated
professionally by the border control types. In addition, I am sorry to say
that I have noted than even on Canada there is quite a number of such morons
too! The recent "explosive" testimony about Liberal Party of Canada "allies"
and "workers" "picking the pockets" of taxpayers like myself who funded the
"Adscam" project show that such knuckle-heads live here too. When I lived in
OZ and travelled in NZ there seemed to be those sorts of "dumbo" officials
and political types too. Scandals, and plain dumb treatment of the citizenry!
I don't know about now however, but if there is no particular bone-headed
scandal, then perhaps the "dumbos", in your nation, are temporarily in
hiding. In Canada and the USA the media seems to always find them.

No rest for the wicked, perhaps????

Seems like no nation - not even mine - has a monopoly on such bone-heads.

Ken
Winnipeg, Canada

Old April 10th, 2005, 04:37 AM
Jeff

wretched country LOL
i think NZ can do without your type oh and OZ too.
tut tut
this just confirms why americans are disliked!

wrote in message
news
On 9 Apr 2005 12:29:34 -0700, wrote:

219.88.94.165 = [ 219-88-94-165.jetstream.xtra.co.nz ]
inetnum: 219.88.0.0 - 219.88.127.255
netname: TIS-NZ
descr: Telecom Internet Services
descr: Auckland
country: NZ

yes just another useless Troll, he will go away some day.

Sherlock and Dr. Cath,

What do you find so interesting about me posting about my very bad
customs experience arriving at the *Auckland* airport from a computer
in *New Zealand*? And how does that make me a troll? Perhaps you'll
find that this post comes from a computer in Thailand. Guess what? I
had planned on a month in NZ but that experience spoiled my trip so
badly that I changed my return ticket and flew back just today. I
couldn't get away from that wretched country soon enough!

-Em

Read your own words laddie.

There would be far more than meets the eye *if* you had flown in from
BKK and were so searched. Not having a hotel booking
is neither here nor there.

So what was your reason in the first place to visit NZ?
YOu call it wretched just because the authorities were doing their
job. Tut tut, how unfortunate. Are you aware that the NZ
authorities have personnel stationed in Thailand for a specific
purpose. Maybe they had wind of something eh.

BTW, thanks for the promo to Dr - but it doesn't take a PhD to figure
out a header.

Cath

Old April 10th, 2005, 02:42 PM
Ken Pisichko

Jeff wrote:

wretched country LOL
i think NZ can do without your type oh and OZ too.
tut tut

Amen to that!

this just confirms why americans are disliked!

In all honesty, ONLY some US nationals are disliked. Some are hated. Some
are loved.

Same is true IMHO for Canadians, Iraqis, Australians, ......

Old April 10th, 2005, 03:19 PM
Richard

Ken Pisichko wrote in :

Jeff wrote:

wretched country LOL
i think NZ can do without your type oh and OZ too.
tut tut

Amen to that!

this just confirms why americans are disliked!

In all honesty, ONLY some US nationals are disliked. Some are hated.

Some
are loved.

Same is true IMHO for Canadians, Iraqis, Australians, ......

Really? Name just one 'hated' Canadian. (This is asked only for non-
Canadians - we have our own list, mostly of politicians.)

Richard