vietnam / cambodian border

Old April 9th, 2005, 01:08 PM
Heathcote

Default vietnam / cambodian border

Hi there,

Is there anybody out there who has travelled from Vietnam to Cambodia by
land who can offer some advice.

Thanks in advance,

Heathcote

Old April 10th, 2005, 01:14 AM
Sleeping Dog !!!

http://www.canbypublications.com/miscpages/overland.htm

Old April 10th, 2005, 01:14 AM
Sleeping Dog !!!

http://www.canbypublications.com/miscpages/overland.htm

Old April 10th, 2005, 11:21 AM
Heathcote

thanks...that was good value...

Old April 10th, 2005, 01:04 PM
Scott Howard

Heathcote wrote:
Is there anybody out there who has travelled from Vietnam to Cambodia by
land who can offer some advice.

We crossed at Chau Doc, via boat. One of the easiest crossings I've
done - The vietnam side we didn't even have to get off the boat (the boat
driver took the passports and re-appeared a few mins later ready to go).
Another few hundred metres up the river we off-loaded and visited the
Cambodian immigration hut, where we were happily, is slowly, welcomed to
the country. Back on the boat, and we were off to Phnom Penh.

Scott
Old April 11th, 2005, 11:34 AM
FujiGirl

Heathcote wrote:
Hi there,

Is there anybody out there who has travelled from Vietnam to Cambodia by
land who can offer some advice.

Thanks in advance,

Heathcote

i've heard it's better to use the boat. i did it by boat and was glad i
did. i heard they were going to check luggage but because it was
getting late [9pm when we arrived at the passport control] they let it
slide. btw, i went from PP to Chau Doc. the same procedure the other
direction i believe.
Old April 11th, 2005, 10:15 PM
sd

In article ,
FujiGirl wrote:

Heathcote wrote:
Hi there,

Is there anybody out there who has travelled from Vietnam to Cambodia by
land who can offer some advice.

Thanks in advance,

Heathcote

i've heard it's better to use the boat. i did it by boat and was glad i
did. i heard they were going to check luggage but because it was
getting late [9pm when we arrived at the passport control] they let it
slide. btw, i went from PP to Chau Doc. the same procedure the other
direction i believe.

crossed from cambodia into the vn delta @ tihn bien back in january on
bicycles. not certain what the original poster's question is/was but
had no prob crossing there. picked up a canal boat to kien luoung on
the vn side of the border. already had our multiple entry vn visas.

took the boat back up from chau doc to pp several wks later and got a
new cambodian visa on arrival. our bike luggage went through x-ray but
was not torn apart by hand, fwiw.

hope that helps.
sd