Sandals Whitehouse

Old September 11th, 2005, 11:17 PM
Chris Shipaila

Default Sandals Whitehouse

Has anyone visited the NEW SANDALS WHITEHOUSE? We are going in January and
we are wondering how it is..
Old September 15th, 2005, 04:30 AM
nospam

Go to these two websites as they may answer some of your questions. Lots of
pictures and reviews:
http://chris-n-cheryl.com/v-web/bulletin/bb/
http://www.tropictravelonline.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php

Old October 5th, 2005, 04:44 AM
JTLH

We visted SWH in March 2005. The resort had just opened, so there were
some problems. The staff didn't seem properly trained; they didn't
know where anything was. The resort was huge compared to Sandals
Bahamas and Montego Bay. Bring some comfortable shoes. All of the
restaurants are fairly far away from the rooms.

We had two butlers, but we didn't see much of him/her (one night
shift/one day). The website said that they would draw us a rose
scented bubble bath. We asked for a bubble bath, but didn't get one
because the gift shop didn't have bubble bath. Even so, we were told
we would have had to pay for it (or I guess we could have brought out
own.) I guess I thought they would have sprung for a bottle of bubble
bath...oh well. Toward the end of our stay we got a letter from the
general manager. He said they would allow us to tip the butler. We
were originally told that none of the staff would even accept tips. I
guess we thought it was tacky the way they worded it. Normally we
wouldn't mind, but it would have been nice to know this in advance
before we arrived at an all-inclusive resort.

Decor in the restaurants seemed sparse, but that may have been because
the resort wasn't quite finished. The Italian restaurant was our
favorite. The asian one was the worst (and we LOVE asian food). The
pool was very popular because we heard there were sand mites on the
beach.

The resort was supposedly full, but we barely saw anyone anywhere we
went. I guess that was a good thing. It wasn't at all crowded. I'm
sure you'll have a great time.

Old October 6th, 2005, 03:30 AM
Bert Hyman

In "Chris Shipaila"
wrote:

Has anyone visited the NEW SANDALS WHITEHOUSE?

Sandals Whitehouse?

This is going -way beyond renting out the Lincoln bedroom ...

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN