Lengthening, of Enchantment of the Seas!

Old July 29th, 2004, 01:00 AM
Howie

Default Lengthening, of Enchantment of the Seas!

*bicker* wrote:
A Wed, 28 Jul 2004 13:47:52 -0400, Howie
escribió:

HDawson228 wrote:

Folks. It's a business. Revinue enhancement is part of it. Many of the
cruising public had shown they want larger and larger ships. The only revinue
enhancements being added are "personal choice options". I like options.

I know it's a business, and I know that revenue enhancement is part of
this. One way to enhance revenue is to charge somewhat higher prices
for a product that is different from, and really superior to, others in
the same category.

Higher prices may lead to lower load levels, which would
lead to lower profitability. I'll believe the experts who
run RCI over random folk on the Internet.

You can believe whomever you like. The cruise ship's themselves are
very poor businesses, as I have stated many times before. Often, the
captain's or hotel manager's latest squeeze will be promoted to some
position for which they are totally incompetent. Often, the guest
relations (purser's) staff is the rudest staff on the ship, when in
fact, as managements representatives, they should be the most customer
oriented. As I recall, you have not yet taken your first cruise. Well
I've taken 46 cruises; and I also happen to know something about business.

Howie

Old July 29th, 2004, 01:38 AM
Surfer E2468

STEVE:
You may be unhappy with EMPRESS OF THE SEAS,we sailed on her in feb,when
she was nordic empress,rooms are teeny,tiny crowded,ones,not even enough
space to store a suitcase,we put ours under our bed,but the bed was
lifted off the floor by a couple inches,did not do our luggage much
good,asked them if they had a place to tore them,and in no uncertain
terms were told no,that we had to make do

Old July 29th, 2004, 07:27 AM
*bicker*

A Wed, 28 Jul 2004 23:00:38 GMT, Benjamin Smith
escribió:
What about the options for something smaller? What about options from
the standard content? What about options for something that bucks the trend?
Folks. I don't test drive a car thinking it is a business.

Yet people generally purchase cars in a manner conducive to
considering automobile sales as a business.

It's mind-boggling to me how many business apologists there are ...

Whine on, but if you plan on calling people contributing
their opposing views to yours "apologists" then be prepared
to wear your own label: It is mind-boggling to me how
self-absorbed your liturgy of woe is, so we're even.

--
bicker®
http://abcnews.go.com/sections/GMA/D...ry_040602.html
Old July 29th, 2004, 07:29 AM
*bicker*

A Wed, 28 Jul 2004 20:00:44 -0400, Howie
escribió:
Higher prices may lead to lower load levels, which would
lead to lower profitability. I'll believe the experts who
run RCI over random folk on the Internet.

You can believe whomever you like. The cruise ship's themselves are
very poor businesses

"Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.'s second-quarter earnings more
than doubled as the world's second-largest cruise company's
ticket prices, passengers carried and onboard sales
continued to increase."

I also happen to know something about business.

Doesn't seem so.

Old July 29th, 2004, 11:31 AM
Benjamin Smith

Howie wrote:

HDawson228 wrote:

Folks. It's a business. Revinue enhancement is part of it. Many of the
cruising public had shown they want larger and larger ships. The only
revinue
enhancements being added are "personal choice options". I like options.

I know it's a business, and I know that revenue enhancement is part of
this. One way to enhance revenue is to charge somewhat higher prices
for a product that is different from, and really superior to, others in
the same category.

The name of this newsgroup is
rec.travel.cruises not
rec.travel.cruise-industry or
rec.travel.cruise.markets

It was formed in the spirit of those cruising to share their
experiences, ideas, likes, dislikes, recommendations, caveats. So

rec.travel.cruise.experienced.satisfaction
and
rec.travel.cruise.ideas.improvement

are in the spirit of the newsgroup. Cruises as businesses could be
considered from a practical standpoint for sure, but it's not the main
aim of the forum.

Ben S.

Howie