Bankok: Wats with displays of Buddhist hell?

Old November 18th, 2003, 03:15 AM
Ray

Default Bankok: Wats with displays of Buddhist hell?

Can anyone provide info on particular wats in Bangkok which have
displays like the following:

http://www.thaiworldview.com/wat/wat6.htm

Are these common? Where can I visit some?

Many thanks!

-r
Old November 18th, 2003, 10:22 AM
Jumbo

Hi,
I visited a temple like this in Matara Sri Lanka in the southern part of it.
I do not remember the name of that particular temple but many guide describe
it as a kitsch temple.

--
Jumbo

om...

Old November 20th, 2003, 02:09 AM
Sandy Cruden

"Ray" wrote in message
om...
Can anyone provide info on particular wats in Bangkok which have
displays like the following:

http://www.thaiworldview.com/wat/wat6.htm

Are these common? Where can I visit some?

Many thanks!

Mmmm! Not all that common! ................I think there may be one in BKK
itself , I'll try to find out.

There is a grisly one a bit out of Bangkok (around an hours drive in the
countryside) It is called Wat paai rong wua. There is a good display of
"Praed" there.Very similar to the one in your photos. The display is in
need of a bit of renovation but it's interesting.
The district and the temple itself is worth a visit.
There is also a good one in Khoraat (Nakhon Raatchasiimaa) a major town in
NE Thailand