One packing question for experienced travelers

Old September 4th, 2006, 08:00 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada
RPSinha

Default One packing question for experienced travelers

Just got my first Air Boss. Beautiful bag, very well made. However, I
have one question for experienced travelers who have traveled with this
and similar bags: Where does the loose but important stuff go, like
cell phones, pens, eyeglasses, calculator, alarm clock, slim flash
lights, etc?

The bag I was using most recently, though inferior in many ways
(leather, heavier, smaller, and has a pre-9/11 frame that has screeners
squinting at the x-ray image every time!) has one compartment's inner
wall lined with pockets of various shapes and sizes where one can stick
such stuff, keeping them secure as well as accessible.

Since Air Boss is designed and used by experienced travelers, I am sure
there is an answer to this, but I can't imagine it at the moment and I
thought I'd just ask. When you are traveling, where do such gadgets go?
Old September 4th, 2006, 09:03 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada
mrtravel[_1_]

RPSinha wrote:

Just got my first Air Loss. Beautiful bag, very well made. However, I
have one question for experienced travelers who have traveled with this
and similar bags: Where does the loose but important stuff go, like
cell phones, pens, eyeglasses, calculator, alarm clock, slim flash
lights, etc?

The bag I was using most recently, though inferior in many ways
(leather, heavier, smaller, and has a pre-9/11 frame that has screeners
squinting at the x-ray image every time!) has one compartment's inner
wall lined with pockets of various shapes and sizes where one can stick
such stuff, keeping them secure as well as accessible.

Since Air Loss is designed and used by experienced travelers, I am sure
there is an answer to this, but I can't imagine it at the moment and I
thought I'd just ask. When you are traveling, where do such gadgets go?

Now, are you sure you aren't trying to sell the damn things?
This is, at least, your third thread about this bag.
Old September 4th, 2006, 09:45 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada
Sleeping Dog

from this site http://www.redoxx.com/catalog/carry-...-air-boss.html
$225, I am still using my simple rucksack for hand baggage from 1998 which
at that time cost say + - $25, the only thing about the Air Boss is that it
makes you look like a rite prick/fashion victim and you have money to spend.
Also you will not have to worry about all your ":important stuff" as most
of it is now banned from being taken on board as hand baggage

Old September 4th, 2006, 12:55 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada
Shawn Hirn

In article ,
RPSinha wrote:

Just got my first Air Boss. Beautiful bag, very well made. However, I
have one question for experienced travelers who have traveled with this
and similar bags: Where does the loose but important stuff go, like
cell phones, pens, eyeglasses, calculator, alarm clock, slim flash
lights, etc?

The bag I was using most recently, though inferior in many ways
(leather, heavier, smaller, and has a pre-9/11 frame that has screeners
squinting at the x-ray image every time!) has one compartment's inner
wall lined with pockets of various shapes and sizes where one can stick
such stuff, keeping them secure as well as accessible.

Since Air Boss is designed and used by experienced travelers, I am sure
there is an answer to this, but I can't imagine it at the moment and I
thought I'd just ask. When you are traveling, where do such gadgets go?

I have no clue what an Air Boss is, but I carry a backpack with me when
I travel. My backpack is a Samsonite that's designed to carry a laptop.
All my small items such as my cell phone simply go into one of the small
pockets in the back pack. I get rid of pocket change before I go to the
airport, but if I still have some, I just dump it in the pocket with my
cell phone, keys, PDA, etc. I do not check this bag; I carry it with me.

As far as eye glasses are concerned, mine are on my face in front of my
eyes. If my eyes were the type where I needed different glasses for
different things, the pair I didn't need to wear would go with my extra
pair of glasses that I usually carry with me in my checked luggage.

I do not carry an alarm clock with my when I travel by air, but if I
did, I would stow it in my checked luggage along with a flash light
(which I do bring with me). I only carry on board the items that are of
great value to me and that would pose me a considerable inconvenience if
they were lost or damaged in transit.
Old September 4th, 2006, 01:10 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada
Neil Williams

Sleeping Dog wrote:

Also you will not have to worry about all your ":important stuff" as most
of it is now banned from being taken on board as hand baggage

No it isn't, unless a bottle of water and a tube of toothpaste are the
most valuable and important things you carry in your hand baggage.

Why are people spreading so much misinformation about this?

Neil

Old September 4th, 2006, 02:48 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

RPSinha wrote:
Just got my first Air Boss. Beautiful bag, very well made. However, I
have one question for experienced travelers who have traveled with this
and similar bags: Where does the loose but important stuff go, like
cell phones, pens, eyeglasses, calculator, alarm clock, slim flash
lights, etc?

The bag I was using most recently, though inferior in many ways
(leather, heavier, smaller, and has a pre-9/11 frame that has screeners
squinting at the x-ray image every time!) has one compartment's inner
wall lined with pockets of various shapes and sizes where one can stick
such stuff, keeping them secure as well as accessible.

Since Air Boss is designed and used by experienced travelers, I am sure
there is an answer to this, but I can't imagine it at the moment and I
thought I'd just ask. When you are traveling, where do such gadgets go?

At 8 inches fat its also too fat for a carry on bag , currently at uk
airports, so if you checking in in the uk its a total waste of money

Old September 4th, 2006, 03:23 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada
Kiran

mrtravel wrote:

: Now, are you sure you aren't trying to sell the damn things?
: This is, at least, your third thread about this bag.

How funny consdiering you post 1000 x as much.
Old September 4th, 2006, 03:30 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada
Kiran

Shawn Hirn wrote:

: I have no clue what an Air Boss is...

From OP's descrption , a nice carry on bag but lacking the large # of
small pockets his old bag had for pens, cell phones, calculator, etc.

: As far as eye glasses are concerned, mine are on my face in front
: of my eyes. If my eyes were the type where I needed different
: glasses for different things, the pair I didn't need to wear would
: go with my extra pair of glasses that I usually carry with me in my
: checked luggage.

I carry my backup pair of eyeglasses in the hand-baggage however. I am
paranoid about my glasses breaking just when the checked baggage is
misplaced. I guess it does depend on your eye sight and how helpless
you'd be without your glasses.
Old September 4th, 2006, 03:48 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

RPSinha wrote:
Just got my first Air Boss. Beautiful bag, very well made. However, I
have one question for experienced travelers who have traveled with this
and similar bags: Where does the loose but important stuff go, like
cell phones, pens, eyeglasses, calculator, alarm clock, slim flash
lights, etc?

I personally use a regular backpack that's large enough for my laptop,
should I need to carry it; and that provides all the space for gadgets
I might need in a separate compartment.

However, the simple answer to your problem seems to be - get a zip-up
bag, like the toiletries kits provided on business class by many
airlines, and put all your gadgets in there. Then put the bag somewhere
accessible in your AirBoss.

Rupa Bose
www.rupabose.org

Old September 4th, 2006, 05:38 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada
Frank F. Matthews

RPSinha wrote:

Just got my first Air Boss. Beautiful bag, very well made. However, I
have one question for experienced travelers who have traveled with this
and similar bags: Where does the loose but important stuff go, like
cell phones, pens, eyeglasses, calculator, alarm clock, slim flash
lights, etc?

snip

It is just a badly designed product that will get everything mixed
together. I guess you are now stuck with the junk and will have to
spend even more money on some organizers.

It's just the penalty for getting junk without thinking of the outcome.