How many days in Rome?

Old April 29th, 2007, 07:30 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.italian
RPS

Default How many days in Rome?

I realize it is a vague kind of question, but I know nothing about Rome
and need to decide, for how many days to break journey there. So any
guidance is appreciated.

Allowing one day for jet-lag and to orient ourselves, how many days at
minimum are needed to get see Rome?

Old April 29th, 2007, 12:51 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.italian
Donald Newcomb

"RPS" wrote in message
Allowing one day for jet-lag and to orient ourselves, how many days at
minimum are needed to get see Rome?

I once did a bus tour and run through the Vatican Museum in a day with an
hour left over to see if Audrey Hepburn was waitng for me at the Spanish
Steps. I would not recommend that. Three days to get a taste. Five allows
you to get a little comfortable.

--
Donald R. Newcomb
DRNewcomb (at) attglobal (dot) net

Old April 29th, 2007, 02:47 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.italian
Deeply Filled Mortician

Make credence recognised that on Sun, 29 Apr 2007 06:30:01 GMT, RPS
has scripted:

I realize it is a vague kind of question, but I know nothing about Rome
and need to decide, for how many days to break journey there. So any
guidance is appreciated.

Allowing one day for jet-lag and to orient ourselves, how many days at
minimum are needed to get see Rome?

I'd say at least three to see the major sights, as in the most famous
ones. I've spent months there, and still haven't seen everything I'd
like to.
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
Old April 29th, 2007, 04:00 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.italian
Donald Newcomb

"Runge1" wrote in message
What more did you say than I did ??
Duh

Any your point is....?

Old April 29th, 2007, 04:12 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.italian
Padraig Breathnach

"Donald Newcomb" wrote:

"Runge1" wrote in message
.. .
What more did you say than I did ??
Duh

Any your point is....?

Once gRunge has made a pronouncement, all other discussion is
redundant. Did you not understand that?

--
PB
The return address has been MUNGED
Old April 29th, 2007, 04:45 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.italian
Iceman

On Apr 29, 2:30 am, RPS wrote:
I realize it is a vague kind of question, but I know nothing about Rome
and need to decide, for how many days to break journey there. So any
guidance is appreciated.

Allowing one day for jet-lag and to orient ourselves, how many days at
minimum are needed to get see Rome?

3 - as an absolute minimum, one day for St. Peter's and the Vatican
Museums, one for the ancient sites, and one for the Baroque sites.

Old April 29th, 2007, 05:20 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.italian
Runge1

No use posting 12 hours later the same answer others gave
Satisfied ?

"Donald Newcomb" a écrit dans le message de
news: 4634b28e$1@kcnews01...

Old April 29th, 2007, 05:22 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.italian
Runge1

Well I answered at least, instead of filling the usual blabber between magda
and martin or posting to say I don't know, as you usually do !

"Padraig Breathnach" a écrit dans le message de
news: ...
"Donald Newcomb" wrote:

. ..