Cathay Pacific tickets?

Old May 6th, 2007, 12:26 PM posted to rec.travel.air
justme

Default Cathay Pacific tickets?

I purchased a paper ticket via the net from Cathay Pacific to fly to Colombo
Sri Lanka on the 4th of April returning on the 17th.
In the meantime they stopped flying. Have been trying to get a refund but
to no aval. I live in California and did not go to Singapore on the date I
was to fly due to the fact that the airline had cancelled all flights.
Can someone help me or any info as to how to get a refund on my visa. I try
and talk to them and they tell me to call some no in HongKong or
Singapore..from California thats very expensive.
Not sure that company knows my problem or cares.

Old May 6th, 2007, 02:16 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Jeff Hacker

"justme" wrote in message
I purchased a paper ticket via the net from Cathay Pacific to fly to
Colombo Sri Lanka on the 4th of April returning on the 17th.
In the meantime they stopped flying. Have been trying to get a refund but
to no aval. I live in California and did not go to Singapore on the date
I was to fly due to the fact that the airline had cancelled all flights.
Can someone help me or any info as to how to get a refund on my visa. I
try and talk to them and they tell me to call some no in HongKong or
Singapore..from California thats very expensive.
Not sure that company knows my problem or cares.

Assuming you bought your ticket with a credit card, get the card issuer
involved. CX should have rerouted you on another airline if necessary to
get you to Columbo.

Old May 6th, 2007, 02:16 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Kiran

justme wrote:

: I purchased a paper ticket via the net from Cathay Pacific to fly to Colombo
: Sri Lanka on the 4th of April returning on the 17th.
: In the meantime they stopped flying. Have been trying to get a refund but
: to no aval. I live in California and did not go to Singapore on the date I
: was to fly due to the fact that the airline had cancelled all flights.
: Can someone help me or any info as to how to get a refund on my visa. I try
: and talk to them and they tell me to call some no in HongKong or
: Singapore..from California thats very expensive.
: Not sure that company knows my problem or cares.

Did you buy from Cathay directly, or some travel agency like Orbitz?
Assuming Cathay:

1. First ask your bank in writing to reverse the charges. If that
doesn't produce immediate results,

2. Write Cathay's US office that you intend to sue them for the ticket,
plus some amount for your time, expenses and mental anguish as well.
Give them a reasonable deadline to settle, after which...

3. Sue them (in the small claims court if possible).

Time is not on your side, so don't let it drag on.
Old May 6th, 2007, 04:59 PM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected][_1_]

On May 6, 5:26 am, "justme" wrote:
I purchased a paper ticket via the net from Cathay Pacific to fly to Colombo
Sri Lanka on the 4th of April returning on the 17th.
In the meantime they stopped flying. Have been trying to get a refund but
to no aval. I live in California and did not go to Singapore on the date I
was to fly due to the fact that the airline had cancelled all flights.
Can someone help me or any info as to how to get a refund on my visa. I try
and talk to them and they tell me to call some no in HongKong or
Singapore..from California thats very expensive.
Not sure that company knows my problem or cares.

So, they did not reroute on another airline? I would contact the
credit card company in writting and let them know what the problem and
ask that reverse the charges.

Michael

Old May 6th, 2007, 07:24 PM posted to rec.travel.air
justme

"Kiran" wrote in message
justme wrote:

[...]

I purchased it direct from CP..not discounted or anything..have tried to
contact them and no reply..they will not say a thing on the phone to me just
we have no idea .."you need to contact Singapore" is the only reply I get.

Old May 6th, 2007, 09:19 PM posted to rec.travel.air
RPS

justme wrote:

: I purchased it direct from CP..not discounted or anything..have tried to
: contact them and no reply..they will not say a thing on the phone to me just
: we have no idea .."you need to contact Singapore" is the only reply I get.

At this point I would do everything in writing, as "legalistic" as
possible. Write a letter to the top official of the US office, stating
that you now regard this as consumer fraud, and indicate that
you are sending copies to the CEO of the company in S'Pore, HK
etc. (I htink Cathay is an HK company), and also to the Better
Business Bureaus, as well a few DA's with jurisdiction. And of
course, do send those copies.
Old May 9th, 2007, 08:26 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Mike Hunt

justme wrote:
I purchased a paper ticket via the net from Cathay Pacific to fly to Colombo
Sri Lanka on the 4th of April returning on the 17th.
In the meantime they stopped flying. Have been trying to get a refund but
to no aval. I live in California and did not go to Singapore on the date I
was to fly due to the fact that the airline had cancelled all flights.

Are you saying they stopped flying to Singapore, or just CMB?
Considering the rebel aerial attacks against the military base that
shares space with CMB, did you expect them to keep flying without
pausing for a bit.

Can someone help me or any info as to how to get a refund on my visa. I try
and talk to them and they tell me to call some no in HongKong or
Singapore..from California thats very expensive.
Not sure that company knows my problem or cares.

Where did you buy your visa?
Old May 9th, 2007, 08:33 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Mike Hunt

Mike Hunt wrote:

wrote:

On May 6, 5:26 am, "justme" wrote:

I purchased a paper ticket via the net from Cathay Pacific to fly to
Colombo
Sri Lanka on the 4th of April returning on the 17th.
In the meantime they stopped flying. Have been trying to get a
refund but
to no aval. I live in California and did not go to Singapore on the
date I
was to fly due to the fact that the airline had cancelled all flights.
Can someone help me or any info as to how to get a refund on my
visa. I try
and talk to them and they tell me to call some no in HongKong or
Singapore..from California thats very expensive.
Not sure that company knows my problem or cares.

So, they did not reroute on another airline?

Reroute into CMB? Before or after the rebel attacks?

One other thing for the OP. Did you check the info at the Cathay
Website? From you description, you seem to indicate "They stopped
flying", not "They stopped flying to CMB". Cathay are still flying. You
also mention Singapore, but not whether this was related to the trip to
CMB.
Check the info on the website, which is found quite easily by going to
the main site, then looking at the advisory info on the right side of
the page.
http://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en_... 011d21c39____

Old May 11th, 2007, 08:48 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Miguel Cruz[_2_]

"justme" wrote:
I purchased a paper ticket via the net from Cathay Pacific to fly to Colombo
Sri Lanka on the 4th of April returning on the 17th.
In the meantime they stopped flying. Have been trying to get a refund but
to no aval. I live in California and did not go to Singapore on the date I
was to fly due to the fact that the airline had cancelled all flights.
Can someone help me or any info as to how to get a refund on my visa. I try
and talk to them and they tell me to call some no in HongKong or
Singapore..from California thats very expensive.
Not sure that company knows my problem or cares.

Did they tell you not to go to Singapore, or did you decide on your own?
There are many flights from Singapore to Colombo, most running
half-empty these days in my experience. I would have thought Cathay
would just put you on Air Lanka (which is nicer anyway).

miguel
--
Hit the road! Photos from around the world: http://travel.u.nu
Detailed airport information: http://airport.u.nu