How do you find out? (Air Terminals)

Old July 31st, 2010, 11:01 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
martin

Default How do you find out? (Air Terminals)

On 31/07/10 19:39, Hatunen wrote:
On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 19:03:43 +0200, Martin
wrote:

On 31/07/10 17:31, Irwell wrote:
On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 07:34:00 -0700 (PDT), teak wrote:

That seems a very tight connection time, CDG is a big airport
with many terminals. I should check with Alitalia, and/or CDG Airport
Website.

The departure gate of a flight often varies from the planned gate.

I have spent a couple of frustrating afternoons and evenings at
DFW chasing my departure flight. One time, during the two hours
we had between flights on American, the gate changed three times
and the flight was finally cancelled.

It's not that uncommon when things are busy.

Old July 31st, 2010, 11:26 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Paul Schmitz-Josten

JuanElorza in :

CHARLES DE GAULLE TERMINAL 2 E

CHARLES DE GAULLE TERMINAL 2 D

The 2 terminals are next to each other. See map.
One is international, the other is for flights in the Schengen zone.

ACK!

In CDG, it is essential whether you have an Air France flight or not.
Air France (and their partners) use terminal building 2, most of the rest
of the world uses terminal 1. They are at least 15 mins (if not more) by
bus distant from each other.

Here, two AF flights may be separated only by a short walk and a passport
control. Hopefully, teak will make his connection!

BTW, terminal 1 is a very interesting building of the 1970s(?), with a
high-class concept of a circular structure with moving staircases in tubes
connecting floors and functions. Invest a curious look at it if you have
two hours time, and hope that you'll never arrive late for your flight with
three boys, having to transport all of your luggage and those small guys
through those tubes...

Ciao,

Paul
Old August 1st, 2010, 12:42 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tom P[_6_]

On 07/31/2010 04:34 PM, teak wrote:
How do you find out where to go. I am going to Paris, than Bologna. I
ahve my tickets. How do I find my next terminal?

Monday, August 16, 2010
Air France # 8635 Operated by: DELTA AIR LINES -- DL 8635 - Please
check in with the operating carrier

Philadelphia International (PHL) to Paris Ch. De Gaulle (CDG)
Departure (PHL): August 16, 6:35 PM EDT (evening)
Arrival (CDG): August 17, 8:25 AM CEST (morning)
Class: Economy Your flight is confirmed. The airline will assign seats
at check-in or you may choose seats

Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Air France # 1528

Paris Ch. De Gaulle (CDG) to Bologna Guglielmo Marconi (BLQ)
Departure (CDG): August 17, 9:35 AM CEST (morning)
Arrival (BLQ): August 17, 11:15 AM CEST (morning)

Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Alitalia # 1153

Bologna Guglielmo Marconi (BLQ) to Lamezia-Terme S Eufemia (SUF)
Departure (BLQ): August 17, 12:10 PM CEST (afternoon)
Arrival (SUF): August 17, 1:35 PM CEST (afternoon)

http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/ADP/e...assagers/home/ , then advanced
search.
It says the PHL-CDG arrives at 2E and the CDG-BLQ departs 2D. That
sounds like a close connection to me.

T.

Old August 1st, 2010, 02:41 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Hatunen

On Sun, 01 Aug 2010 00:26:57 +0200, Paul Schmitz-Josten
wrote:

JuanElorza in :

CHARLES DE GAULLE TERMINAL 2 E

CHARLES DE GAULLE TERMINAL 2 D

The 2 terminals are next to each other. See map.
One is international, the other is for flights in the Schengen zone.

ACK!

In CDG, it is essential whether you have an Air France flight or not.
Air France (and their partners) use terminal building 2, most of the rest
of the world uses terminal 1. They are at least 15 mins (if not more) by
bus distant from each other.

Can't be worse than a British flight we took a few years ago from
SFO to Heathrow and our conecting BA flight to Helsinki was at
Gatwick.

Old August 1st, 2010, 03:00 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
irwell

On Sun, 01 Aug 2010 01:42:51 +0200, Tom P wrote:

http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/ADP/e...assagers/home/ , then advanced
search.
It says the PHL-CDG arrives at 2E and the CDG-BLQ departs 2D. That
sounds like a close connection to me.

T.

"Sounding close" and reality at CDG are two different things,
The terminals are on opposite sides of a road that is virtually impossible
to walk across, you have to rely on the shuttle bus service.
Old August 1st, 2010, 08:39 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Paul Schmitz-Josten

Hatunen in :

In CDG, it is essential whether you have an Air France flight or not.
Air France (and their partners) use terminal building 2, most of the rest
of the world uses terminal 1. They are at least 15 mins (if not more) by
bus distant from each other.

Can't be worse than a British flight we took a few years ago from
SFO to Heathrow and our conecting BA flight to Helsinki was at
Gatwick.

Agreed: Heathrow to Gatwick is 45 miles, and I suspect that the estimated
time varies between 45 mins und 4.5 hours ;-

Ciao,

Paul
Old August 1st, 2010, 08:55 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tom P[_6_]

On 08/01/2010 04:00 AM, Irwell wrote:
On Sun, 01 Aug 2010 01:42:51 +0200, Tom P wrote:

http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/ADP/e...assagers/home/ , then advanced
search.
It says the PHL-CDG arrives at 2E and the CDG-BLQ departs 2D. That
sounds like a close connection to me.

T.

"Sounding close" and reality at CDG are two different things,
The terminals are on opposite sides of a road that is virtually impossible
to walk across, you have to rely on the shuttle bus service.

A "close connection" means the time to make the connection is extremely
short. And yes, getting from 2E to 2D on foot is a challenge.

T.

Old August 1st, 2010, 09:00 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
martin

Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Air France # 1528

Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Alitalia # 1153

Bologna Guglielmo Marconi (BLQ) to Lamezia-Terme S Eufemia (SUF)
Departure (BLQ): August 17, 12:10 PM CEST (afternoon)
Arrival (SUF): August 17, 1:35 PM CEST (afternoon)

http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/ADP/e...assagers/home/ , then advanced
search.
It says the PHL-CDG arrives at 2E and the CDG-BLQ departs 2D. That
sounds like a close connection to me.

but with a very high chance that the luggage won't get transferred to
the next flight in time. From experience I reckoned that two hours was
the minimum time for luggage to get transferred. maybe things have
improved in the last ten years at CDG. The luggae always arrived
eventually, usually 12-24 hours later. It only needs a bit of air
traffic congestion and he will miss the connection too.

Old August 1st, 2010, 09:00 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tom P[_6_]

On 08/01/2010 09:39 AM, Paul Schmitz-Josten wrote:
Hatunen :

In CDG, it is essential whether you have an Air France flight or not.
Air France (and their partners) use terminal building 2, most of the rest
of the world uses terminal 1. They are at least 15 mins (if not more) by
bus distant from each other.

Can't be worse than a British flight we took a few years ago from
SFO to Heathrow and our conecting BA flight to Helsinki was at
Gatwick.

Agreed: Heathrow to Gatwick is 45 miles, and I suspect that the estimated
time varies between 45 mins und 4.5 hours ;-

Ciao,

Paul

Is that offered as a connecting flight by the BA booking system? Some
years back I had an AF fight arriving at CDG and the AF connecting
flight was from Orly. Air France did not offer this on the booking as a
connecting flight, I had to book the legs separately.
Old August 1st, 2010, 09:06 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
martin

On 01/08/10 10:00, Tom P wrote:
[...]

I have had the same experience. One had to collect ones checked in
luggage at CDG and transfer it to Orly oneself.