Car Rentals at Syracuse NY Amtrak Station

Old December 17th, 2003, 03:29 PM
Joe Bachman

Default Car Rentals at Syracuse NY Amtrak Station

Considering arriving at Syracuse via Amtrak. Need a car. Amtrak.com
says car rentals available from Hertz. Hertz.com says rental location
is at airport. Train Station is downtown, not at airport. I will
call Hertz to see if they pick up and drop off at Amtrak, however, I
want to know if there are other rental agencies available downtown for
comparison of prices/service.

BTW, Amtrak ought to fine-tune it's website to direct travelers to
availiablity of local connections, bus, car rentals, airport, etc.

I'd like to save a cab fare (and the ride time) between Amtrak Station
and Airport.

TIA,

Joe
Old December 17th, 2003, 05:34 PM

(your mailbox is full)

All the major car rental places are by the airport, except for Enterprise
which has a store closer (but to far to walk from amtrak). Enterprise
advertises that they'll pick you up, this might be a way around cab fair.

Old December 17th, 2003, 07:07 PM
Lawrence Hughes

Actually, the train station is not downtown. Rather it is at the Regional
Transit Center (near the Carousel Shopping Center). There is a direct
express bus which connects the Regional Transit Center with the airport;
schedule is available he
http://www.centro.org/schedules/syracuse/Airport.pdf.

Old December 18th, 2003, 08:57 PM
Joe Bachman

Ah, I looked it up on MapQuest, it's actually not that far from the
airport. Becuase the frequency of bus service leaves somethin g to be
desired, I guess I'll have to call Hertz and see if they'll do pick
ups.

Thanks for the clarification.

Joie