Spelling mistake in Boarding Pass

Old September 14th, 2004, 06:42 PM
Deepak Kapur

Default Spelling mistake in Boarding Pass

Hi,

has anyone traveled with a spelling mistake in his/her name. In my case
instead of Deepak, they have spelled it as Dipak and I have a fax from the
Airlines that says read the Name as Deepak.

Has anyone traveled on an international flight with similar situation. Does
is cause any trouble esp. at US, London and Delhi Airports.

Thanks,
Deepak

Old September 15th, 2004, 03:27 AM
Shawn Hearn

In article ,
"Deepak Kapur" wrote:

Hi,

has anyone traveled with a spelling mistake in his/her name. In my case
instead of Deepak, they have spelled it as Dipak and I have a fax from the
Airlines that says read the Name as Deepak.

Has anyone traveled on an international flight with similar situation. Does
is cause any trouble esp. at US, London and Delhi Airports.

I have traveled numerous times on United States domestic flights with my
name misspelled. So many people spell my name wrong that I frequently do
not even notice. Now, with electronic check-in, having my name
misspelled on my eTicket is a real pain in the neck so I try to make
sure whomever is issuing the airline ticket spells my name correctly. It
has never been a problem in terms of security though.

Old September 15th, 2004, 05:30 AM
F. D. Lewis

"Deepak Kapur" wrote in message
has anyone traveled with a spelling mistake in his/her name. In my case
instead of Deepak, they have spelled it as Dipak

first of all, it is probably better to have the boarding pass redone. if
the name was misspelled on your ticket, then you should have the airline
reissue it. if you paid by credit card, then the correct spelling was given
to them upon purchase and they should give you no problem about giving you a
new boarding pass at checkin. the fax is fairly useless if you get a picky
TSA person.

but, it probably go unnoticed. my wife's name was misspelled on her
passport when it was issued and later had it amended (on the second page
following) to the correct spelling. in the last five or six years the
difference between passport and boarding pass names has been noticed only
twice. once was in Hong Kong and we had a laugh with the Chinese airline
fellow about how names can be mangled when trying to spell them in Roman
characters.

Old September 15th, 2004, 01:27 PM
gerald

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 12:42:58 -0500, "Deepak Kapur"
wrote:

Hi,

has anyone traveled with a spelling mistake in his/her name. In my case
instead of Deepak, they have spelled it as Dipak and I have a fax from the
Airlines that says read the Name as Deepak.

Has anyone traveled on an international flight with similar situation. Does
is cause any trouble esp. at US, London and Delhi Airports.

Thanks,
Deepak

Boarding Pass? Sounds more like a ticket to me. Get it changed.

Faxes can be faked, and we all know you bought the ticket from Mr
Dipak.

Old September 15th, 2004, 04:39 PM
Deepak Kapur

Thanks Shawn,

My only concern was with respect to security.

Thanks,
Deepak

Old September 15th, 2004, 08:50 PM
Amish

My last name was misspelt on my boarding pass on a recent flight even
though my res had the correct spelling and I had my FF # registered...
anyways, I did not get the FF miles credited because of that typo, and
had to mail-in my boarding pass along with a letter and the paper
ticket to get my miles. I inquired about the issue at the gate, but
the agent said that it would all be fine: not concerned about my miles
nor security.