Angkor Wat / Siem Reap : recommended motorbike driver / tour guide

Old January 9th, 2005, 05:01 PM
yakzweepa

Default Angkor Wat / Siem Reap : recommended motorbike driver / tour guide

Paul is a 23 year old Cambodian motorbike driver living in Siem Reap.
He knows the temple areas and roads thoroughly, and speaks English very
well. For a reasonable price, he'll drive a person around all day,
wherever they wish to go.

I made arrangements with him the night I arrived in Siem Reap, and he
knocked on my door the following morning at 5:30. We drove to Angkor
Wat to see the sunrise. Paul then drove me from temple to temple for
the next 12 hours. He would nap in a hammock while I took my time in
each temple, so I never felt rushed. After sundown, he invited me to
hang out with his friends for BBQ and karaoke, and of course, drove me
back to my guest house at the end of the night. The following day we
drove over 100km through some distinctly Cambodian landscapes including
the infamous "killing fields".

Paul was a monk from age 15-18, and I believe his good humor,
easy-going nature and patience are a testament to that. He is honest
and aims to please. If I ever return to Siem Reap, I will most
definitely look him up. If you would like his email address or phone
number to arrange a tour, email me and I will send you the info. I'm
sure he'll be eager to take you around.

email: axoplasm(AT)yahoo(DOT)com