Travelling to Cornwall (from Italy)

Old February 21st, 2007, 11:11 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Gianandrea Gobbo

Default Travelling to Cornwall (from Italy)

Hello,
I have to get to StAustell (Cornwall) next week. I noticed that
British Airways is flying there statrting from the 20th of March
(seasonal flights). What options to I have to get there? Fling to
London is easy but after that? Train? What airport is best served for
the second part of the journey (to Cornwall)?
Any suggestion/info is greatly appreciated!

Gian.

Old February 21st, 2007, 11:25 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Gianandrea Gobbo

On Feb 21, 11:21 am, Martin wrote:

You don't say where you are starting from.
--

Martin

Sorry,
close to Venice.

Old February 21st, 2007, 11:32 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Miss L. Toe

"Gianandrea Gobbo" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,
I have to get to StAustell (Cornwall) next week. I noticed that
British Airways is flying there statrting from the 20th of March
(seasonal flights). What options to I have to get there? Fling to
London is easy but after that? Train? What airport is best served for
the second part of the journey (to Cornwall)?
Any suggestion/info is greatly appreciated!

Gian.

http://www.airsouthwest.com/

fly from Gatwick to Plymouth and Newquay

www.nationalrail.co.uk will show rail options from either of those.

rail from Paddington is an option and London Heathrow has a direct (but
slightly expensibve at 15GBP) rail link to paddington.

take a look at http://www.newquay-airport.co.uk/ for other airlines and
changing options.

Old February 21st, 2007, 01:26 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Giovanni Drogo

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007, Gianandrea Gobbo wrote:

I have to get to StAustell (Cornwall) next week. I noticed that

London is easy but after that? Train? What airport is best served for
the second part of the journey (to Cornwall)?

I have never considered flying there directly, but I was there by train
(night train Paddington-Penzance) when I lived in the UK.

If you land at Heathrow, you should have no need to go back to London
Paddington I guess. If there is still the railair bus link to Reading,
you should be able to catch the trains to the west coast there.

Otherwise the suggested route from Bristol seems viable.

On the way back I may suggest a detour via Exeter and Salisbury (we did
that on our way back with overnight in Salisbury ... we arrived very
late because the train hit a cow somewhere near Yeovil).

And do not forget to have a cornish tea with clotted cream (be prepared
to skip dinner afterwards).

is a newsreading account used by more persons to
Old February 21st, 2007, 11:04 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Deeply Filled Mortician

Let is be knownst that on Wed, 21 Feb 2007 12:21:31 +0100, Martin
writted:

On 21 Feb 2007 03:11:19 -0800, "Gianandrea Gobbo" wrote:

Hello,
I have to get to StAustell (Cornwall) next week. I noticed that
British Airways is flying there statrting from the 20th of March
(seasonal flights). What options to I have to get there? Fling to
London is easy but after that? Train? What airport is best served for
the second part of the journey (to Cornwall)?
Any suggestion/info is greatly appreciated!

You don't say where you are starting from.

Oh come on, isn't his name obvious?
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
Old February 21st, 2007, 11:30 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Deeply Filled Mortician

Let is be knownst that on Thu, 22 Feb 2007 00:14:09 +0100, Martin
writted:

On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 00:04:25 +0100, Deeply Filled Mortician
wrote:

Let is be knownst that on Wed, 21 Feb 2007 12:21:31 +0100, Martin
writted:

On 21 Feb 2007 03:11:19 -0800, "Gianandrea Gobbo" wrote:

Hello,
I have to get to StAustell (Cornwall) next week. I noticed that
British Airways is flying there statrting from the 20th of March
(seasonal flights). What options to I have to get there? Fling to
London is easy but after that? Train? What airport is best served for
the second part of the journey (to Cornwall)?
Any suggestion/info is greatly appreciated!

You don't say where you are starting from.

Oh come on, isn't his name obvious?

I have a Scottish surname, so with your logic I start all my trips from
Scotland?

To my knowledge, you haven't disclosed your surname here.
--
---
Old February 21st, 2007, 11:59 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Deeply Filled Mortician

Let is be knownst that on Thu, 22 Feb 2007 00:29:36 +0100, Martin
writted:

On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 00:30:42 +0100, Deeply Filled Mortician
wrote:

Let is be knownst that on Thu, 22 Feb 2007 00:14:09 +0100, Martin
writted:

I have a Scottish surname, so with your logic I start all my trips from
Scotland?

To my knowledge, you haven't disclosed your surname here.

To my knowledge neither have you. You haven't even disclosed your given name.
AFAIR you were even evasive about your nationality.
and your point is?

I haven't made any claims about my surname, that's what my point is.

Plenty of folks here know my full name and nationality. It's no great
secret.
--
---
Old February 22nd, 2007, 04:11 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Vainglorious

wrote:

Let is be knownst that on Thu, 22 Feb 2007 00:14:09 +0100, Martin
writted:

I have a Scottish surname, so with your logic I start all my trips from
Scotland?

To my knowledge, you haven't disclosed your surname here.

To my knowledge neither have you. You haven't even disclosed your given name.
AFAIR you were even evasive about your nationality.
and your point is?

I haven't made any claims about my surname, that's what my point is.

Plenty of folks here know my full name and nationality. It's no great
secret.

Indeed. DFM is actually Leotis DeShawn Rozier III. He was born in
Detroit, Michigan but traveled to Botswana as a child. His parents
were killed in a riot between leftist rebels and nationalist
bricklayers. Alone, he wandered into Namibia and was raised by a pride
of lions. Eventually, he grew to become a very carnivourous teen and
went to Europe to seek his fortune.

Settling in Italy, he learned to eat cheese. Nowadays, he builds
impossible bicycles and irritates the humorless on rec.travel.europe.

But everyone knows all this, eh?

- TR
- famed biographer.

Old February 28th, 2007, 12:28 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Gianandrea Gobbo

If you land at Heathrow, you should have no need to go back to London
Paddington I guess. If there is still the railair bus link to Reading,
you should be able to catch the trains to the west coast there.

Is it best to book in advance, or can I buy the tickets directly in
Heathrow?

Thanks to everybody,
g.

Old February 28th, 2007, 02:33 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Giovanni Drogo

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007, Gianandrea Gobbo wrote:

Paddington I guess. If there is still the railair bus link to Reading,
you should be able to catch the trains to the west coast there.

As the culprit of the above information, I shall say that my
recollections are rather old (i.e. they refer to the time where there
was British Rail, and they were providing such service !!).

However a google search for "Heathrow" and "railair link" leads to this
page http://www.railair.com/index.php, where you are likely to find all
uptodate information

Is it best to book in advance, or can I buy the tickets directly in
Heathrow?

For this and other practical information you'd better wait for some UK
residents to answer !

is a newsreading account used by more persons to