Walt Disney World Resort Lands on Google Earth: the Next Best Thing to Being There

Old August 14th, 2008, 05:42 PM posted to rec.arts.disney.parks,rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.usa-canada
- Bobb -[_2_]

Default Walt Disney World Resort Lands on Google Earth: the Next Best Thing to Being There

Is it just me or does the new version of Google Earth not stop for more
than a few seconds for you too ?
I enter Disney World and see the ears for 3d show. SOMETIMES I have
enough time to click a "world" but either way I shortly end up ' bouncing
a round the earth' : Germany - Indiana- California for a few seconds then
moves me somewhere else.
Java update ?
Anyone else have problem with it ?

Old August 14th, 2008, 05:51 PM posted to rec.arts.disney.parks,rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.usa-canada
- Bobb -[_2_]

"- Bobb -" wrote in message
. ..

Is it just me or does the new version of Google Earth not stop for more
than a few seconds for you too ?
I enter Disney World and see the ears for 3d show. SOMETIMES I have
enough time to click a "world" but either way I shortly end up '
bouncing a round the earth' : Germany - Indiana- California for a few
seconds then moves me somewhere else.
Java update ?
Anyone else have problem with it ?

BTW, I checked and I have the latest java so that's not it.

=================================

"John Sisker" wrote in message
To Whom It May Concern:

We received this information/press release from the trades/Walt Disney
World Resort/Disney Cruise Line and thought it may be of interest to
this newsgroup as well.

Happy sailing...
John Sisker - SHIP-TO-SHORE CRUISE AGENCY (sm)
(714) 536-3850 or toll-free at (800) 724-6644 & (Agency ID:
714.536.3850)
www.shiptoshorecruise.com

Walt Disney World Resort in 3D Takes Vacation Planning to New Heights as
the Most Detailed 3D Rendering Within Google Earth to Date

Once guests are immersed in the Walt Disney World in 3D experience, they
can click on hotels and attractions like Spaceship Earth to access video
and text pop-up's that provide more information to assist in travel
planning. (Photo: Business Wire) BURBANK, Calif.-- (BUSINESS WIRE) --
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts is harnessing the power of Google EarthT
to build an interactive, three-dimensional tour of Walt Disney World
Resort that brings you one step closer to a true park experience. With
direct links to Disney's online travel-planning tools, Walt Disney World
Resort in 3D will re-invent how people plan and book vacations.

Beginning today, Disney guests can use Google Earth, a program which
offers a 3D digital model of the world, to virtually tour Walt Disney
World's four theme parks, as well as its 22 hotels and resorts. An
overview of Walt Disney World Resort in 3D, along with instructions on
how to get started, can be found at www.disneyworld.com/3dparks.
Existing Google Earth 4.3 users can see Walt Disney World Resort in 3D
by enabling the "Gallery" folder within Google Earth, or by selecting
any of the 3D buildings within the resort.

"You know the phrase 'next best thing to being there'? Walt Disney World
Resort in 3D is going to deliver on that," said Jay Rasulo, chairman of
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. "Guests and travel planners can now
explore our world with just a few clicks of a mouse, and they can book
vacations while being immersed in what the destination has to offer."

Disney's digital mapping project, Walt Disney World Resort in 3D, will
become the ultimate online travel guide for Walt Disney World Resort,
integrating the Google Earth 3D experience with the planning features of
Disney.com. Whether guests book through the Disney reservation center, a
travel agent or online, nearly nine out of ten Walt Disney World guests
use the internet to plan their vacations and Walt Disney World Resort in
3D provides the latest technology available to enhance that experience.
From Google Earth, guests and travel planners can click on images of
their favorite attractions and hotels to purchase tickets, make
reservations, and map out the vacation that is right for their
families - in 3D and with the click of a mouse. Disneyworld.com visitors
can view videos and other information about viewing Walt Disney World in
3D at www.disneyworld.com/3dparks.

The depth and vivid detail of Walt Disney World Resort in 3D project
makes this a unique, truly immersive experience within Google Earth.
Visitors begin their virtual tour of Disney World with a stratospheric
view of the globe, a starting point familiar to anyone who has ever used
Google Earth. A skydive takes visitors past the flatlands of Florida to
a view of the Seven Seas Lagoon in the Magic Kingdom. Guests can then
fly through the streets and explore in and around the hotels and
resorts, down Main Street to Cinderella Castle, from the heights of The
Tower of Terror to base of the Tree of Life. To enter the virtual park:

Download Google Earth 4.3 by visiting www.disneyworld.com/3dparks.
Launch Google Earth and search for 'Disney World'
Click the Gold Mickey Ears to open an info window.
In the info window, click "Show Disney World in 3D." Now explore!
"This is the most detailed 3D rendering undertaken within Google Earth
to date," continued Rasulo. "The work done here will provide a
professional counterpart to the wealth of Disney images and 3D models
from around the world contributed by thousands of volunteers. The
difference Walt Disney World Resort in 3D provides is one of scope and
interaction."

During the project's first phase, eight photographers worked for 10 days
to shoot all the visible surfaces of Walt Disney World, including every
building façade. A total 100,000 photos were taken in all; these became
the start for some 1,500 3D models that populate the virtual tour. Walt
Disney World Resort in 3D creates a new level of usability for vacation
planners and makes detailed information about one of the world's
foremost destinations available to Google Earth's 350 million users,
furthering the Google Earth team's goal of recreating the world as it
really is.

About Walt Disney Parks and Resorts

Walt Disney Parks and Resorts is where dreams come true and magic comes
to life. This segment of The Walt Disney Company encompasses 11 theme
parks at five of the world's leading family vacation destinations -
Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort,
Disneyland Resort Paris and Hong Kong Disneyland. It also includes:
Disney Cruise Line; Disney Vacation Club; Adventures by Disney; Disney
Regional Entertainment, which operates the ESPN Zone sports dining and
entertainment centers; World of Disney stores in New York, Orlando and
Anaheim; and Walt Disney Imagineering, which creates and designs all
Disney parks, resorts and attractions. Walt Disney Parks and Resorts had
approximately $10 billion in revenues in fiscal 2006. More information
about Disney Travel on Demand and all of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts
can be found at www.DisneyParks.com.

Old August 15th, 2008, 04:42 AM posted to rec.arts.disney.parks,rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.usa-canada
jessica_smith_nyc

Try reinstalling the program..........

---
http://www.moviesitearchive.com/travel

Old August 15th, 2008, 03:47 PM posted to rec.arts.disney.parks,rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.usa-canada
alien

It sounds like you have Sightseeing checked in the Places tab on the left
side of the screen. When I select all of the different presets and hit the
play button, it does exactly as you described. There's a Stop Button next
to the Play Button. Try clicking it to see if that would stop the changing
of locations.

alien

"- Bobb -" wrote in message
. ..

. ..

Old August 15th, 2008, 05:23 PM posted to rec.arts.disney.parks,rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.usa-canada
- Bobb -[_2_]

"alien" wrote in message
It sounds like you have Sightseeing checked in the Places tab on the
left side of the screen. When I select all of the different presets and
hit the play button, it does exactly as you described. There's a Stop
Button next to the Play Button. Try clicking it to see if that would
stop the changing of locations.

alien

"- Bobb -" wrote in message
. ..

Is it just me or does the new version of Google Earth not stop for
more than a few seconds for you too ?
I enter Disney World and see the ears for 3d show. SOMETIMES I have
enough time to click a "world" but either way I shortly end up '
bouncing a round the earth' : Germany - Indiana- California for a few
seconds then moves me somewhere else.
Java update ?
Anyone else have problem with it ?

BTW, I checked and I have the latest java so that's not it.

=================================

I open it again - unchecked everything. Thanks. Sightseeing was not
checked but whatever it was - now it at least doesn't change my screen.
BUT when I select the gold ears and then ... Magic Kingdom, I see "text
for " Magic Kingdom in 3D", but nothing "HAPPENS". I click that icon and
shows the attractions. I click and maybe see photos but nothing anywhere
is 3d.

I thought I could "fly down Main Street" ? or along the walkway in Epcot ?
Or a hotel ?
Is this so I can have an aerial view of Epcot and pan left/right and has
nothing to do with "being there" ?
I thought I could do that before ?
Just now they have prompts - is that it ?

To review I see the Gold Ears.
I added it to my places.
It's the on box checked now.
I click that link and see the "worlds".
I pick one. Epcot
I fly over to Epcot.
I see blue and purple 'ears' in many places and at Spaceship earth
entrance I see Epcot in 3D.
I click that - it shows attractions ( test track - figment etc)
I pick " Soarin' "
I click Ears with 'Soarin' inside - I see a flat video - not like I'm
there.

Or is this so I can have an aerial view of Epcot and pan left/right and
has nothing to do with "being there" ?
If so , I guess I CAN do that and missed the point of the promo.

Old August 15th, 2008, 06:33 PM posted to rec.arts.disney.parks,rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.usa-canada
jeff.sure

On Aug 15, 12:23*pm, "- Bobb -" wrote:
"alien" wrote in message

It sounds like you have Sightseeing checked in the Places tab on the
left side of the screen. *When I select all of the different presets and
hit the play button, it does exactly as you described. *There's a Stop
Button next to the Play Button. *Try clicking it to see if that would
stop the changing of locations.

alien

"- Bobb -" wrote in message
m...

[...]

What works for me is to double-click on the blue or purple or green
ears. That will zoom you in and give you an aerial "3D" view. then
just use the controls in the upper left of the screen to move around,
or zoom in or out, or to change you angle of view.

Jeff
Old August 15th, 2008, 06:40 PM posted to rec.arts.disney.parks,rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.usa-canada
jeff.sure

On Aug 15, 1:33*pm, "jeff.sure" wrote:
On Aug 15, 12:23*pm, "- Bobb -" wrote:

"alien" wrote in message

. ..

It sounds like you have Sightseeing checked in the Places tab on the
left side of the screen. *When I select all of the different presets and
hit the play button, it does exactly as you described. *There's a Stop
Button next to the Play Button. *Try clicking it to see if that would
stop the changing of locations.

alien

"- Bobb -" wrote in message
m...

[...]

I forgot to mention that if you zoom in close enough (using the +
button, upper left), you'll be at street level and you can them "walk"
around.