TERRORIST ATTACK ON AIRPORT IN HAWAII

Old July 30th, 2004, 06:20 AM

Default Travel to Charleston, SC

I just came back from my first visit to Charleston. In addition to
the
homes located in the historic district, I would recommend visiting one
of
the plantations on the outskirts of town (I did Middleton Place-- it
was
excellent.) You should also take one of the guided walking tours of
the
historic area (or do one on your own.)

There is also a very good aquarium, the tour (via boat) to Fort Sumter
National Monument, the USS Yorktown (in nearby Mt. Pleasant), several
museums (Gibbes, Charleston Museum, etc.), and lots of restaurants.
It's a
fairly small city, and reasonably easy to get around.

I was a few weeks late for the best of the azaleas, but there were
still a
few blooming.

If you have a little extra time, I highly recommend Brookgreen Gardens
in
Murrell's Inlet (about an hour north of Charleston and a little south
of
Myrtle Beach.) Beautiful gardens and lovely sculptures.

"Jan/Gigi" wrote in message
OK fella travelers....last late summer I traveled to Savannah,

GA...had
never been there and thoroughly enjoyed it! Friends tell me I should

go
to Charleston if I enjoyed Savannah.

My travel is largely to the Caribbean and I AM going to the Turks

and
Caicos in July, but want an interim getaway stateside in the early
Spring...

If any of you have been to Charleston, can you give me tips of where

stay, what the offerings are....etc etc etc.

I live in DC and may take Amtrak, as I usually only fly when I
absolutely have to!

--multiplaza.nl.nu--

Old July 30th, 2004, 06:22 AM
Anonymous

Default USA Continues to Abuse Innocent UK Tourists

"Dave Moorman" wrote in message

Law enforcement people, let alone immigration officers, here in the
States are definitely edgier and exerting their "authority" in a

variety
of ways. Abuse of innocent folks is way up. It's not only British
citizens who should be complaining, but US citizens as well.

9/11 really messed us up in a few different ways. Let's hope the

next
group of "leaders" will have something positive to do about it.

Dave

Now that Michael Moore has won the Palme d'Or in Cannes (the first
documentary to win in 50 years), do you think there is any chance he
will
find someone to distribute it in the USA?

Marie
--multiplaza.nl.nu--

Old July 30th, 2004, 06:23 AM
Anonymous

Default Canadian flag on the backback myth

Ack wrote:

nick wrote:

"Xomicron" wrote in messag

I was just wondering, is it really true that most Canadian's believe

the
myth that people in the rest of the world will treat them better if

they
know they are Canadian.

Don't Americans pretend to be Canadians while travelling to avoid
being spat
at and abused?

The world loves Canadians.

What about Al Qaeda?

--
Chris F
Long Island, USA.

Prime Minister Helen Clark fights for Maori rights.
http://img33.photobucket.com/albums/...sbug/maori.jpg

Pizza Express Man and his pizza eating cat Gayrab.
http://www.geocities.com/libassbug/expressman.jpg

http://****france.com/
http://www.fark.com/
--multiplaza.nl.nu--