My Venice experience

Old June 22nd, 2005, 10:11 AM
Miss L. Toe

"Ken Blake" wrote in message
In eenews.net,
Miss L. Toe typed:

Sorry to tell you that you are wrong. I don't know about
Burger
King, but McDonalds very definitely has a presence in Venice.

There is a burger king within a stones throw of the rialto
bridge.

I'm not surprised, but as I said, I wasn't sure.

But my fave cheap eating place in venice is the pizza place
under the
academia bridge.

Which place is that? Which end of the bridge? The Dorsoduro side?

Nope the other side.

This picture (not mine) was taken from the restaurant:
http://staff.aist.go.jp/ikegami-daisuke/

I wouldn't say it was in any way the best Pizza I've had but good value for
money, which is hard to find in Venice.

Old June 22nd, 2005, 10:49 AM
Alan S

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 13:08:25 -0700, "Ken Blake"
wrote:

Sorry to tell you that you are wrong. I don't know about Burger
King, but McDonalds very definitely has a presence in Venice.

Yep, ate there. Or, at least, she did. Couldn't talk her out
of it:-(

It was the smallest Maccas I've ever been in, but at least
the toilet was clean.

Cheers, Alan, Australia
Old June 22nd, 2005, 03:37 PM
Bob Fusillo

Which place is that? Which end of the bridge? The Dorsoduro side?

Nope the other side.

Actually, the Bar Accademia Foscari is at the foot of the bridge on the
Dorsoduro side.
rjf

Old June 22nd, 2005, 03:40 PM
Bob Fusillo

Sorry to correct spelling, but since it's the name of the church,
and likely to confuse people if left as is, I think you mean St.
Georgio.

Giorgio Maggiore. The campanile, by the way, is closed til l-- we are
told -- autumn.
rjf

Old June 22nd, 2005, 03:57 PM
Miss L. Toe

"Bob Fusillo" wrote in message
Which place is that? Which end of the bridge? The Dorsoduro side?

Nope the other side.

Actually, the Bar Accademia Foscari is at the foot of the bridge on the
Dorsoduro side.
rjf

Not knowing where exactly Dorsoduro was I found this map:
http://www.veniceclick.net/Pages/Ven.../Dorsoduro.htm

From memory I thought it was on the Guidecca side, but its a short bridge
:-)

http://locali.ombra.net/pages/index....en&idas=110388

Proves you to be right, I didn't correctly spot where the Grand Canal was on
the first map :-)

Old June 22nd, 2005, 04:57 PM
Ken Blake

In eenews.net,
Miss L. Toe typed:

"Ken Blake" wrote in message
In
eenews.net,
Miss L. Toe typed:

Sorry to tell you that you are wrong. I don't know about
Burger
King, but McDonalds very definitely has a presence in
Venice.

There is a burger king within a stones throw of the rialto
bridge.

I'm not surprised, but as I said, I wasn't sure.

But my fave cheap eating place in venice is the pizza place
under the
academia bridge.

Which place is that? Which end of the bridge? The Dorsoduro
side?

Nope the other side.

Thanks. I can't remember a pizza place there, but it's not the
first time I've forgotten something. ;-) I'm pretty sure I've
never been there though.

--
Ken Blake
Please reply to the newsgroup

Old June 22nd, 2005, 05:00 PM
Ken Blake

In ,
Bob Fusillo typed:

Sorry to correct spelling, but since it's the name of the
church,
and likely to confuse people if left as is, I think you mean
St.
Georgio.

Giorgio Maggiore. The campanile, by the way, is closed til l--
we are
told -- autumn.

Ugh! Did I actually spell "Giorgio" with an "e" instead of "i"?
Sorry.

Ken Blake

Old June 22nd, 2005, 05:04 PM
Ken Blake

In eenews.net,
Miss L. Toe typed:

"Bob Fusillo" wrote in message
Which place is that? Which end of the bridge? The Dorsoduro
side?

Nope the other side.

Actually, the Bar Accademia Foscari is at the foot of the
bridge on
the Dorsoduro side.
rjf

Not knowing where exactly Dorsoduro was I found this map:
http://www.veniceclick.net/Pages/Ven.../Dorsoduro.htm

From memory I thought it was on the Guidecca side, but its a
short
bridge :-)

"Guidecca side"? There's no Guidecca side. It's San Marco on one
side and Dorsoduro on the other.

Dorsoduro is the side closer to Giudecca, if that's what you
mean.

http://locali.ombra.net/pages/index....en&idas=110388

Proves you to be right, I didn't correctly spot where the Grand
Canal was on
the first map :-)

If it's on the Dorsoduro side, then I think I remember it.

Old June 22nd, 2005, 09:10 PM
David Gee

"Padraig Breathnach" wrote in message
"Miss L. Toe" wrote:

Sorry to tell you that you are wrong. I don't know about Burger
King, but McDonalds very definitely has a presence in Venice.

There is a burger king within a stones throw of the rialto bridge.

Are you suggesting that we throw stones at it?

That reminds me of a New Yorker cartoon from decades ago: a real estate
agent in Arab dress, showing a property to a similarly dressed client,
says with a big grin "And it's only a stone's throw from the American
Embassy!"