Meanwhile it is 45.1 in Jammu

Old June 23rd, 2005, 12:29 AM
Alan S

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 14:57:51 GMT, Deep Foiled Malls
wrote:

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 21:45:06 +1000, Alan S wrote:

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 11:02:11 GMT, "a.spencer3"
wrote:

"Earl Evleth" wrote in message
This will help Maxi feel cooler in Paris.

The worst (not hottest) I've experienced is in Lagos, Nigeria.
48C (118F) with 90%+ humidity. Unbearable!!!

Surreyman

Melbourne, Ash Wednesday, 1983, 43C was bad enough.
http://www.dse.vic.gov.au/dse/nrenfo...B0027ECA3?open
or http://tinyurl.com/89qre

Not many major cities would go through that. Not a day I'd
want to go through again. A week before that day, my pool
turned black from the ash from the Mt Macedon fires - and
that was just the prelude.

Sorry to get serious, but it struck a chord.

Mt Macedon is such a cool place too. I rode from Macedon to the cross
on top of the hill. An utter ******* of a ride that damn near killed
me! When I finally got there some of the other tourists applauded me
for the effort.

No doubt the bushfire had a massive impact of the people though. Even
to this day the locals are reluctant to talk about it.

For me it represents the Australians perpetual efforts to live a
civilised life in a land than doesn't forgive. I kinda wish I could go
back for a while at the thought of it all...
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com

Welcome anytime:-)

Cheers, Alan, Australia
Old June 23rd, 2005, 01:11 AM
KS_44

Mt Macedon is such a cool place too. I rode from Macedon to the cross
on top of the hill. An utter ******* of a ride that damn near killed
me! When I finally got there some of the other tourists applauded me
for the effort.

No doubt the bushfire had a massive impact of the people though. Even
to this day the locals are reluctant to talk about it.

For me it represents the Australians perpetual efforts to live a
civilised life in a land than doesn't forgive. I kinda wish I could go
back for a while at the thought of it all...

The people who get affected by bushfires are people who live in
ridiculous areas. They deserve what they get. Australians are obsessed
with having a spacious living environment, so they live in bushland
areas in the middle of nowhere.

I live in a civilised suburb of Brisbane and if a bushfire strikes I
will have a good view from my balcony of all the woop-woop suburbs being
razed.
Old June 23rd, 2005, 01:41 AM
Alan S

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 10:11:31 +1000, KS_44
wrote:

snip

The people who get affected by bushfires are people who live in
ridiculous areas. They deserve what they get. Australians are obsessed
with having a spacious living environment, so they live in bushland
areas in the middle of nowhere.

I live in a civilised suburb of Brisbane and if a bushfire strikes I
will have a good view from my balcony of all the woop-woop suburbs being
razed.

I presume you moved there from a village which is missing
it's idiot.

Cheers, Alan, Pottsville.