Paris Hotels Safe?

Old May 31st, 2004, 06:08 PM
billfrogg

Default Paris Hotels Safe?

After reading many posts on the subject of safe or unsafe hotels,
trains, neighborhoods, I must confess I don't know what is meant by
safe. The roof may cave in? The unwary guest may have to wrestle
cockroaches? prostitutes? drag queens? Floor may give away? Trains full
of same...add pickpockets and armed robbers. Neighborhoods full of
landmines and bombs? All the restaurants serving salmonella?

Safe compared to where? Certainly Rome and Paris are safer (from the
threat of homicide) than Oakland California.

If safe means familiar and just like Akron....stay home. You will be
much happier with Starbucks and MacDs always with in the range of
vison.
crabby billfrogg

Old June 1st, 2004, 05:34 AM
Anonymouse

Hi,

I've stayed in hotels I didn't feel were particularly safe.

poor locks on the doors.

poor front door/lobby security.

these were the places I carried my passport/money/tc's etc to the shower
and didn't leave squat with value in the room during the day (ie didn't
leave a camera).

and I've had hookers in the halls too... they didn't bother me nearly as
much as their "managers".

--
MICROSOFT WINDOWS 2003 ENTERPRISE SERVER W/ 25 LICENSES

Cobray/Et Cetera Derringer Sideplates

Old June 1st, 2004, 09:37 PM
Terry Richards

"Anonymouse" wrote in message

and I've had hookers in the halls too...

Pay for a room you cheapskate