Which time is right???????

Old March 29th, 2004, 12:50 AM
Jack Willson

Default Which time is right???????

Hi all

I have been in the process of making arrangements for a cruise to
Alaska. Well in any event I have decided to do the airfare on my own.
While doing a search of the internet I came across a nonstop from SFO
to ANC on UA. This flight would put into ANC about 7:30pm. That
sounded great, but after speaking to a friend I was informed that the
flight time had changed and that I would not arrive into ANC until
10pm. He is booked on this flight and was sent an e-mail from Orbitz
regarding this change.

Just wondering what time is correct? Also why if this flight time has
changed would the old time still show in listing on the online service
like Travelocity or even the airlines website?

Jack W.
Old March 29th, 2004, 03:25 AM
Douglas W. Hoyt

Just wondering what time is correct? Also why if this flight time has
changed would the old time still show in listing on the online service like
Travelocity or even the airlines website?

The airline website is likely to be accurate. But pick up the phone and
call United just to be sure.

Old March 29th, 2004, 05:23 AM
nobody

"Douglas W. Hoyt" wrote:
The airline website is likely to be accurate. But pick up the phone and
call United just to be sure.

It depends on the airline. Especially in the beginning, airlines' web site
were not "live" and they updated their schedule information once a month.
However, now, most north american airlines have a more accurate web site, but
I am not certain if it represents "live" information. (However, flight status does).

I would think that within an hour of flight departure, flight status would be
the more accurate and reliable.
Old March 29th, 2004, 05:24 AM
Michael Graham

I am guessing that you are in reference to UA# 822. If so the latter
is correct. This is because UA changed the times for this flight.

I am booked on this flight or least for the time being. I say this, as
I booked it, because of the arrival time, but am hoping to get on an
earlier flight. After receiving an e-mail regarding the change to
flight schedule, I contacted Orbitz. They said they would be in touch
in the next few weeks, as soon as they receive a reply from UA. I was
asked if I wanted a refund if UA can't accommodate my request. I told
them "no."

M. Graham

Old March 30th, 2004, 07:02 AM
Michael Graham

Just did a check of several websites including united.com and
Travelocity. Looks like the new updated times are appearing on these
sites. i am guessing that it just took a feww days or weeks for this
information to to be updated. On one side note. i noticed after
searching United.com a week or so ago that the flight times were
different based on if you searching by price or by time. The by time
search turned up the correct information while the by price turned up
the old flight times. Not wure this is, but it did.