Renting an old volvo in scandinavia

Old December 21st, 2004, 02:21 PM
Thomas Guignard

Default Renting an old volvo in scandinavia

Hi everyone!

I'm planning a little journey in Scandinavia next summer (3 weeks).
Usually I like to travel by train and/or bus, but I've heard that for
the scandinavian countries, it is best to do it by car. I don't own a
car so I would need to rent one there.

I'd like to rent an old car, not one of these shiny ones you get at Herz
and such. Even RentAWreck offers pretty much the same thing as the big
rental companies. What I'd like would be an old '70s or '80s volvo (or
similar).

I'm pretty sure there must be possibilities of renting such cars in
local garages. But this is difficult to plan at home (such offers are
not likely to be on internet).

Does anyone have an idea where I may find such a deal? I'll probably
start my journey in Malmö (and end it there as well), but it can be
another place if needed.

Thank your for your help!

Take care,
Thomas

--
Thomas Guignard
Laboratory of Electromagnetics and Acoustics