Malmo to Kastrup

Old June 18th, 2005, 04:08 PM
DerekF

Default Malmo to Kastrup

The ticket machine price for the journey was 87K but the machine rejected my
100K notes. I went to the ticket office to buy our tickets and was charged
94K a ticket.
Derek.

Old June 18th, 2005, 04:59 PM
Kristian

"DerekF" wrote:

The ticket machine price for the journey was 87K but the machine rejected my
100K notes. I went to the ticket office to buy our tickets and was charged
94K a ticket.
Derek.

The "official" pricelist says 87 Skr - no idea why you were charged
94 Skr.

Kristian
Old June 19th, 2005, 12:53 PM
DerekF

"Lennart Petersen" wrote in message

"DerekF" skrev i meddelandet
The ticket machine price for the journey was 87K but the machine rejected
my 100K notes. I went to the ticket office to buy our tickets and was
charged 94K a ticket.
Derek.

--------------
And ?

Why the price difference? It was also more expensive ( after converting the
currency) to travel from Malmo to Kastrup than it was from Copenhagen
Central to Malmo.
Derek.

Old June 19th, 2005, 04:25 PM
Lennart Petersen

"DerekF" skrev i meddelandet
The ticket machine price for the journey was 87K but the machine
rejected my 100K notes. I went to the ticket office to buy our tickets
and was charged 94K a ticket.
Derek.

--------------
And ?

Why the price difference?

----------------
No idea ,but possible there's higher charge in the ticket window as there's
for SJ trains (around 5%) I've send a question to Skånetrafiken and will be
happy to forward an aventual answer.

It was also more expensive ( after converting the
currency) to travel from Malmo to Kastrup than it was from Copenhagen
Central to Malmo.
Derek.

-------------
Advertised price in Malmö is 87SEK and the Danish is 71DKK which is with
today's FOREX rate 1,2591 89:39SEK. The prices are set for a longer
period while the exchange rate fluctuates from day to day thus it's
possible to be more or less expensive in the other country.

Old June 19th, 2005, 05:10 PM
DerekF

"DerekF" skrev i meddelandet
[...]

Please let me know their reply. From Copenhagen to Malmo we paid 27DKR as
we got what probably was a 50% discount for being Senior Citizens, perhaps
we should have bought return tickets:-)
Derek..

Old June 19th, 2005, 10:31 PM
tim \(moved to sweden\)

"DerekF" skrev i meddelandet
The ticket machine price for the journey was 87K but the machine
rejected my 100K notes. I went to the ticket office to buy our tickets
and was charged 94K a ticket.
Derek.
--------------
And ?

Why the price difference?

----------------
No idea ,but possible there's higher charge in the ticket window as
there's for SJ trains (around 5%) I've send a question to Skånetrafiken
and will be happy to forward an aventual answer.

I've never had to pay more at the window than the machine
would have charged me.

As you say, my tickets show 87 SEK or 71 DDK which at today's
conversion makes the Danish 1% cheaper.

It was also more expensive ( after converting the
currency) to travel from Malmo to Kastrup than it was from Copenhagen
Central to Malmo.

I've always paid at the DSB offices with foreign (to them) money.
They only accept notes and give you DKK coins back, but it
always seems to be a fair rate (but now I just put my card in the
Skånetrafiken machine)

tim

Derek.

-------------

Old June 22nd, 2005, 04:01 PM
Lennart Petersen

"DerekF" skrev i meddelandet
----------------
[...]

I've got a reply from Skånetrafiken:

Svar från Skånetrafikens kundservice;

Jag antar att han köpt biljett hos SJ. De tar ut ett högre pris än vi
tar./Susanne

The answer is that you've probably asked for a ticket from the SJ (national
railway) ticket window as they charge more for the tickets.
Sorry if that's somewhat confusing for a visitor but there's a free market ,
means tickets are divided in a fare price paid to Skånetrafiken and a
booking fee paid to the seller.
87SEK applies to the Skånetrafiken sale.
More confusing of course is that SJ is the operator of the trains but that's
on behalf of the local county and "Skånetrafiken"
No discount for seniors, and no such thing advertised on the Danish site
(DSB) so I've no idea about the 27DKK the trip, perhaps you had luck.

Old June 22nd, 2005, 05:50 PM
tim \(moved to sweden\)

"DerekF" skrev i meddelandet
----------------
[...]

Oh yes. On my first day here I made the mistake of going into the
railway station and asking for an Oresund link train ticket.

I was somewhat rudely told that this was nothing to do with them
and that I had to go and buy my train ticket from the Bus station
(I know that I could have bought it from the machine but I wanted
it dated for the next day).

I can't think of any other country where I would get such a response!

tim

Old June 22nd, 2005, 07:48 PM
DerekF

"DerekF" skrev i meddelandet
[...]

Thank you for taking the time to get the answer. Next time we will be aware.
No problem getting the Senior discount in Denmark, it is 25% on Fridays and
Sundays and 50% on other days. We just had to show our UK Senior Rail Cards
to get it.
Derek.