Australia nd Tasmania

Old June 4th, 2004, 10:16 PM
Karl

Default Australia nd Tasmania

Does anyone know the cost of flying to Tasmania while I am vacationing in Australia?

Are there 1 week package tours?
Old June 4th, 2004, 10:49 PM
David Bennetts

"Karl" wrote in message
news Does anyone know the cost of flying to Tasmania while I am vacationing in
Australia?

Are there 1 week package tours?

Best if you can book ahead - impossible to answer your first question
because of fluctuating airfares, where you want to go in Tasmania and at
what time of year - school holidays for example have a major impact on
fares.

Look at www.virginblue.com.au, www.jetstar.com.au and www.qantas.com.au
websites for fares and bookings for the dates and places you want. There
are package tours of Tasmania, and day triips from both Hobart and
Launceston. There is also a coach network connecting major towns and places
of interest.

See www.discovertasmania.com.au for further info.

Regards

David Bennetts

Old June 5th, 2004, 01:39 AM
Les Chandra

"David Bennetts" wrote in
:

"Karl" wrote in message
news Does anyone know the cost of flying to Tasmania while I am vacationing
in Australia?

Are there 1 week package tours?

snip good advice

Look at www.virginblue.com.au, www.jetstar.com.au and
www.qantas.com.au websites for fares and bookings for the dates and
places you want.

snip

You might also check out www.rex.com.au. They only fly from Melbourne to
north coast towns (Devonport and Burnie) but they can be cheap, and also
offer a special deal for backpackers.

Les

Old June 5th, 2004, 09:57 AM
David Tyrrell

they actually fly to Wynyard, which is a much nicer place than Burnie and it
has it's own special scenery.

Burnie doesn't have enough land to have an airport

snipped

Old June 5th, 2004, 03:48 PM
Karl

What city do I need to look up for airport in Tasmania?
I see none listed under the first 2 airlines given for Tasmania.

"Les Chandra" wrote in message
. 5...
"David Bennetts" wrote in
:

Old June 5th, 2004, 05:52 PM
Dave Proctor

On Sat, 5 Jun 2004 10:48:00 -0400, "Karl"
wrote:

What city do I need to look up for airport in Tasmania?
I see none listed under the first 2 airlines given for Tasmania.

Hobart, Devonport, Launceston, Burnie (Wynyard) are the four main
ones.

As for the airline websites, they do restrict search options based on
where youa re flying FROM. As an example, JetStar do not fly from
Perth to any Tasmanian city, so entering "Perth" as your starting city
will not yield a result.

Where do you intend flying from?

Dave

=====

NSW Rural Fire Service - become a volunteer today.

http://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au/
Old June 5th, 2004, 06:19 PM
Karl

I intend to fly from Melbourne to Tasmania and spend a week there. Have
never been to Tasmania before, a number of times to Ausstralia though.

Any tips about Tasmania?

Thanks in advance