Petrol prices

Old April 27th, 2006, 03:11 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz

Default Petrol prices

Join the resistance!!!!
Do you want petrol prices to come down? We need to take some intelligent,
united action.

Philip Hollsworth offered this good idea. This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than
the 'don't buy fuel on a certain day' campaign that was going around last
April or May!

The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't
continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy fuel. It was more of an
inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of
this idea, may just have come up with a plan that can really work. Please
read on and join with us!

By now you're probably thinking fuel priced at about $1.00 is super cheap.
Me too! It is currently around
$1.30 per litre for regular unleaded. Now that the oil companies and the
OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre of fuel
is CHEAP at $1.00, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that
BUYERS control the marketplace - not sellers. With the price of fuel going
up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are
going to see the price of this fuel come down is if we hit someone in the
pocket by not purchasing their fuel! And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting
ourselves.

How?
Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying fuel. But we CAN
have an impact on petrol prices if we all act together to force a price war.
Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY fuel or any products period,
from the biggest company in Australia, CALTEX. If they are not selling any
fuel, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their
prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact,
we need to reach literally millions of CALTEX fuel buyers. It's really
simple to do!

Now, don't bail out on me at this point ... keep reading and I'll explain
how simple it is to reach millions of people!!
I am sending this note to 30 people. If each of us send it to at least ten
more (30 x 10 = 300) ... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x
10 = 3,000) ... and so on, and by the time the message reaches the sixth
group of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers .... A
reasonable chunk of Australia!!!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people - that's all! (If you
don't understand how we can reach 3 million and all you have to do is send
this to 10 people....

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten
more people within one day of receipt, all three MILLION people could
conceivably be contacted within the next few days!!! I'll bet you didn't
think you and I had that much potential, did you! Acting together we can
make a difference.

If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on. I suggest that we
not buy from CALTEX ** until they lower their fuel prices to $1-00 or below
** AND KEEP THEM THERE ** START THE BOYCOTT TODAY!!!!!!!!

Old April 27th, 2006, 10:24 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz

Why pick on Caltex - they're an Australian company! The others are overseas
owned, you dickhead, pick on one of those instead.

David Bennetts

Old April 27th, 2006, 11:06 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz

Standard Oil co of California and The Texas Co. merged in June 1936 to form
Caltex

Where in Australia is California, or Texas

Dumb as a stump

--
If at first you dont succeed
try try try again

_

Old April 27th, 2006, 11:57 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz

Here in Germany there is a saying, "Zeit ist Geld. Fahre Rad, dann hast du
beides." ("Time is money. Use a bicycle, then you have both!")

Sorry, the times of cheap petrol are over, and not even the emperor of China
could do anything about it.

Old April 28th, 2006, 12:06 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz

Standard Oil,,S.O.. Esso
The Texas Company,, Texaco perhaps you saw a few Esso or Texaco stations on
your travels,

BHP is listed on the TSX that does not make them a Canadian company

quote http://www.caltex.com/corp/en/default.asp
--------
The Caltex brand, as well as all its associated products and services are
owned and operated by Chevron Corporation.

Chevron is the fifth-largest integrated energy company in the world, selling
Caltex products and services in Asia, Australia and parts of the Middle East
and Africa. Headquartered in San Ramon, California, and conducting business
in approximately 180 countries, our company is engaged in every aspect of
the oil and natural gas industry, including exploration and production;
refining, marketing and transportation; chemicals manufacturing and sales;
and power generation.
--------

still as dumb as a stump

--
If at first you dont succeed
try try try again

_

"AlmostBob" wrote in message
Standard Oil co of California and The Texas Co. merged in June 1936 to
form
Caltex

Where in Australia is California, or Texas

Dumb as a stump

--
If at first you dont succeed
try try try again
If at first you do succeed
try not to look surprised

_

Caltex are listed on the Australian stock exchange - so they have
Australian shareholders. I've never seen a Caltex service station in my
travels in the USA or Canada (there may have been a Texaco).

See http://www.caltex.com.au/about.asp and get a bit of knowledge.

David Bennetts

Old April 28th, 2006, 12:11 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz

"Turan Fettahoglu" wrote in message
Here in Germany there is a saying, "Zeit ist Geld. Fahre Rad, dann hast du
beides." ("Time is money. Use a bicycle, then you have both!")

Sorry, the times of cheap petrol are over, and not even the emperor of
China could do anything about it.

Actually the Emperor of China is doing a lot to cause it
by encouraging the rapid growth of car ownership in the PRC

Keith

Old April 28th, 2006, 12:27 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz

"AlmostBob" wrote in message
[...]

Go away and buy your BP, Mobil or Shell then. Totally foreign owned
multinationals. And let the Australian shareholders of Caltex suffer
(that's if any significant numbers of Australian motorists would be
influenced by such crap as the boycott suggested, and my prediction is that
they won't be!)

David Bennetts

Old April 28th, 2006, 01:57 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz

Caltex IS an Australian company; with 51% of the shares held by the American
parent - 49% by Australians.

The idea of any kind of boycott bringing petrol prices down is ludicrous.

A drop in the Excise charged by the Australian Government would reduce
prices; but increase consumption - and that's not desirable either.

Let market forces rule!! They work.

Old April 28th, 2006, 04:11 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz

Actually the Emperor of China is doing a lot to cause it
by encouraging the rapid growth of car ownership in the PRC

Apart from the obsolete title you are bl***y right!