vancouver to sydney

Old August 30th, 2006, 02:15 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
sirstew

Default vancouver to sydney

I'm planning on going in mid-december for about a month. Any thoughts on
getting cheap airfare?

Old August 30th, 2006, 02:19 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
AlmostBob

First thought ....... Its a good idea

--
If at first you dont succeed
try try try again

_

Old August 30th, 2006, 02:31 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
ant[_6_]

sirstew wrote:
I'm planning on going in mid-december for about a month. Any thoughts
on getting cheap airfare?

Have a look and see if JAL are offering any specials. They used to do good
ones on that route (have to go via narita).

Failing that, do some net searches, see if anyone's doing good prices.

--
ant
Don't try to email me;

Old August 31st, 2006, 11:19 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Keith Sayers

On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 08:15:41 -0500, "sirstew" wrote:

I'm planning on going in mid-december for about a month. Any thoughts on
getting cheap airfare?

Dunno about timing but last year June/July I flew return
SYD-YVR-SYD with China Airlines booked through STA and the fare was
some AUD1,600 compared with AUD2,500 offered by Flight Centre.

Keith Sayers, Canberra, Australia
Mail : 6 Clambe Place,
CHARNWOOD, ACT 2615
http://www.pcug.org.au/~kmsayers
Old September 1st, 2006, 12:49 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
ant[_6_]

Keith Sayers wrote:
On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 08:15:41 -0500, "sirstew" wrote:

I'm planning on going in mid-december for about a month. Any
thoughts on getting cheap airfare?

Dunno about timing but last year June/July I flew return
SYD-YVR-SYD with China Airlines booked through STA and the fare was
some AUD1,600 compared with AUD2,500 offered by Flight Centre.

Flight centre is not cheap. I was rather pleased with the prices available
on Travel.com.au recently, got cbr-syd-lax-US City-Lax-mel-cbr in December
for just a shade over $2 grand. I priced Flight centre and hurriedly
returned to travel.com.au! They were even cheaper than Qantas, although the
prices on the Qantas site weren't bad.

Old September 1st, 2006, 06:06 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
[email protected]

On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 08:15:41 -0500, "sirstew" wrote:

I'm planning on going in mid-december for about a month. Any thoughts on
getting cheap airfare?

Good idea if you can !! Will be cheaper that way (:-))
Old September 11th, 2006, 03:40 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Ken Pisichko

sirstew wrote:
I'm planning on going in mid-december for about a month. Any thoughts on
getting cheap airfare?

Try to avoid going through the USA. Right now the USA is so fixated with
security that the TSA Safety Stazi will go through your checked baggage
and make a total mess of it - and then leave an official notice stating
they they legally did that. No effort is made to keep any of your items
in and semblance of order: cookies are crushed, bicycle tools are mixed
up with books, etc...

If you fly from Vancouver try to bypass the USA (even Hawaii). I
understand that folks going through Japan, Hong Kong etc don't have to
put up with such searches and STILL have safe travel.

Ken, Canada
Old September 11th, 2006, 11:41 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
ant[_7_]

Ken Pisichko wrote:

Try to avoid going through the USA. Right now the USA is so fixated
with security that the TSA Safety Stazi will go through your checked
baggage and make a total mess of it - and then leave an official
notice stating they they legally did that. No effort is made to keep
any of your items in and semblance of order: cookies are crushed,
bicycle tools are mixed up with books, etc...

They've been doing that for the last few years. There NO point in carefully
packing, wedging, wrapping things. tehy seem to go to some trouble to jumble
everything up. The damage done to stuff is amazing, it's like they and the
baggage handlers are in league against the contents of your luggage.

Old September 11th, 2006, 06:42 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Frank Slootweg

.. wrote:
[deleted]

Fact - never wrap prezzies etc when travelling internationally.
That has been the 'rule' for many, many years, most likely more than
you have been on this planet.

Please don't (try to) pass your silly notions as "Fact"s! There is no
such "Fact" and no such "'rule'" for any noteable length of time. Quite
the contrary, "most likely more than you have been on this planet"
wrapping has been *neccessary* for obvious reasons.

[deleted]