Transfer from Vancouver to Bellingham by Greyhound, difficult?

Old August 10th, 2005, 06:25 AM
Mark Brader

Lawrence Hughes, quoting timetables, writes:
All service operates daily.

That is, of course, "all services operate every day" (rather than
"there is service once a day").
--
Mark Brader, Toronto "These Millennia are like buses."
--Arwel Parry

Old August 15th, 2005, 12:09 AM
Citizen Ted

On 07 Aug 2005 13:37:06 GMT, Urs Mueller wrote:

Hello

Arriving by train from Toronto to Vancouver, I need a transfer to
Bellingham, WA, where I have to get the ferry to Alaska.

I am planning to use Greyhound for this transfer, but I am travelling in
company with my father (in the age of 78) and so I am a bit nervous about
this transfer.

We are both from Switzerland, so the custom procedures might be difficult
and/or lengthy.

We should arrive at 8am at Vancouver Station, the ferry is leaving at 6pm.

Are the Greyhound buses usually crowded? As I am living in Switzerland,
Europe, I cannot buy tickets online.

Does anyone have good advice for me?

Screw the bus. The Amtrak train will take you from the train station
(located at the terminus of the Vancouver SkyTrain). The train stops
right at the end of Harris street in Bellingham - about 200 yards from
the Alaska ferry.

After entering the US, the train will be stopped and inspected by US
Customs. Just have all your papers in order and DO NOT try sneaking in
any BC bud, m'kay?

As I recall, the train ride was about $24 - way worth it. If the train
arrives too early or too late for you, you may want to consider a day
or night here in Bellingham. It's a charming small city and my home.
Feel free to email me for any more details. I can assist you in
touring the city or getting affordable lodging. ted at citizented dot
com.

- TR
- Bellinghamster.

Old August 15th, 2005, 12:20 AM
Mark Brader

Urs Mueller:

Ted R. writes:
Screw the bus. The Amtrak train

....leaves Vancouver at the same time his ferry leaves Bellingham.
--
Mark Brader | "I always pass on good advice. It's the only thing
Toronto | to do with it. It is never any use to oneself."