St. Martin's recommendations

Old September 8th, 2007, 05:30 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
nekochan

Default St. Martin's recommendations

Anyone have any suggestions for what to do/see on St. Martins?
Restaurant recommendations?

thank you

Old September 8th, 2007, 05:33 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
clint

You'd be better of, "goggling" it! Thsi group doesn't sober up until Monday!
ups.com...

Old September 9th, 2007, 01:38 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
G&G

Great dining all over the island. Gambling in Phillipsburg; Clothing
optional beach at Orient Bay; Shopping everywhere, mall in Marigot. Lots of
traffic on the little island now tho.
G&G
ups.com...

Old September 9th, 2007, 11:32 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
John Sisker John Sisker is offline
Banned

For what it is worth, here is a special photo album from our last visit to
St. Maarten-Martin. Just click on
http://www1.snapfish.com:80/share/p=...=SYE/otsi=SALB
to get started. This album consists of 40 pictures, of our tour of the
island, both the Dutch and French sides. In addition, even though we had
lunch in a quaint beachside cafe, I took pictures of other restaurants as
well.

We actually took a tour of the island from the available shore excursions,
not something we did on our own. These pictures were from our visit just
last year, even through we had been there 8 years before. Believe it or not,
we even took the same tour back them. We found this more organized,
informative and intriguing than just trying to do something similar on our
own, but without really knowing what's what. Yet, this album may give you
some additional ideas, or at the very least, hopefully some pretty pictures.

Happy sailing,
John Sisker, SHIP-TO-SHORE CRUISE AGENCY®
(714) 536-3850 or toll free at (800) 724-6644 & (Agency No. 714.536.3850)
www.shiptoshorecruise.com

Old September 10th, 2007, 05:24 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bill[_1_]

What are you talking about??? You sound like you're drunk,
typing goggling instead of googling.

clint wrote:

You'd be better of, "goggling" it! Thsi group doesn't sober up until Monday!
ups.com...

Old September 10th, 2007, 05:27 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bill[_1_]

nekochan wrote:

Anyone have any suggestions for what to do/see on St. Martins?
Restaurant recommendations?

thank you

Sadly, when we were in St. Marteen a couple of years ago, it was
a French religious holiday so when we got to Marigot it was
almost entirely closed. I did find a nice cafe (actually more
like a snack bar) called Sarafina's which had amazing French
pastries. It made it worth the drive.

I strongly recommend renting a car. There are 3 agencies at the
pier. You can reserve in advance or just get off the ship early
and rent then. If you do that, I recommend going from one to the
other to try to get the best price (I did not do that but it was
still pretty reasonable, under $50).

Bill