pan american highway

Old May 11th, 2007, 03:10 AM posted to rec.travel.latin-america
[email protected]

Default pan american highway

hi looking for anyone who has traveled it,......1. is it safe...2..what
is the cost of rental car per week...and any general infro. that may be
helpful thankx

Old May 11th, 2007, 09:51 PM posted to rec.travel.latin-america
G&G

We've traveled on it several times in Costa Rica.
Lots of traffic, big trucks, crazy drivers, potholes.
Renting a car isn't that much more than in the U.S., but the insurance
coverage is a must and very expensive.
Pura Vida,

Old May 11th, 2007, 09:54 PM posted to rec.travel.latin-america
medvall

Hello there,

With a rental car I doubt you can cross the borders. Rental cars are
like in the US + some extra on an average from my experience.

For each country you need a temporary import permit at the border -
takes roughly 1-3 hours.

I would not have driven unless I had a title with no lien holders or
loans for that matter.

Best wishes, Marcus
http://tomopt.com

Old May 12th, 2007, 05:19 AM posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Helene

wrote in message ...
| hi looking for anyone who has traveled it,......1. is it safe...2..what
| is the cost of rental car per week...and any general infro. that may be
| helpful thankx

Which country, which part ?
Certainly from Pacasmayo in northern Perú to Castro in Isla de Chiloe, Chile it is bitumen.
Don't bother with driving, get on a bus, they are comfortable, plentiful and cheap.

cheers, H, tasmania, australia