Location for large family reunion

Old June 24th, 2007, 05:17 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

Default Location for large family reunion

Hello,

I am looking for a location for our family reunion. Our requirements

-guaranteed reservations for about 125 people two years in advance,
in family-sized cabins that are nearby to each other
-close to local attractions
-one week trip
-not too expensive
-anywhere in the continental US.
-needs to have a swimming pool, and preferably near a river or lake
with recreational activities.

Please let me know if you know any places like this!

Thanks a lot,
Vic

Old June 24th, 2007, 07:12 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
PeterL

On Jun 24, 9:17 am, wrote:
Hello,

I am looking for a location for our family reunion. Our requirements

-guaranteed reservations for about 125 people two years in advance,
in family-sized cabins that are nearby to each other
-close to local attractions
-one week trip
-not too expensive
-anywhere in the continental US.
-needs to have a swimming pool, and preferably near a river or lake
with recreational activities.

Please let me know if you know any places like this!

Thanks a lot,
Vic

Define "not too expensive".

Old June 24th, 2007, 09:05 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
sechumlib

On 2007-06-24 14:12:34 -0400, PeterL said:

On Jun 24, 9:17 am, wrote:
Hello,

I am looking for a location for our family reunion. Our requirements

-guaranteed reservations for about 125 people two years in advance,
in family-sized cabins that are nearby to each other
-close to local attractions
-one week trip
-not too expensive
-anywhere in the continental US.
-needs to have a swimming pool, and preferably near a river or lake
with recreational activities.

Please let me know if you know any places like this!

Thanks a lot,
Vic

Define "not too expensive".

Also define: "one week trip", "close to local attractions",
"attractions", "near a river or lake", "with recreational activities".

Old June 24th, 2007, 09:28 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Craig

"sechumlib" wrote...

On 2007-06-24 14:12:34 -0400, PeterL said:

On Jun 24, 9:17 am, wrote:

Hello,

I am looking for a location for our family reunion. Our requirements

-guaranteed reservations for about 125 people two years in advance,
in family-sized cabins that are nearby to each other
-close to local attractions
-one week trip
-not too expensive
-anywhere in the continental US.
-needs to have a swimming pool, and preferably near a river or lake
with recreational activities.

Please let me know if you know any places like this!

Thanks a lot,
Vic

Define "not too expensive".

Also define: "one week trip", "close to local attractions", "attractions",
"near a river or lake", "with recreational activities".

"Time of year" might help us in aiding you, too, Vic.

A bit hokey depending on where you stay--and too cold for some in the
wrong season, but I'd maybe suggest looking into Baraboo, Spring Green, or
(heaven-forbid), the Wisconsin Dells area. Taliesin, House on the Rock,
Devils Lake SP, Circus World Museum, International Crane Foundation,
Parfrey's Glen, free ferry, bicycling, rock climbing, etc., etc. A short
trip into Madison as well, from any of these areas. Lakes and rivers
abound--as does snow in winter and mosquitoes in summer. Door County also
comes to mind as a reunion location: Lake Michigan, lighthouses, fish boils,
............ When in WI, always find out where the best local Friday night
Fish Fry is located--most likely at some small tavern--then eat there.

Craig

Old June 24th, 2007, 11:16 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
k[_1_]

"sechumlib" wrote...

On 2007-06-24 14:12:34 -0400, PeterL said:

On Jun 24, 9:17 am, wrote:

Hello,

I am looking for a location for our family reunion. Our requirements

-guaranteed reservations for about 125 people two years in advance,
in family-sized cabins that are nearby to each other
-close to local attractions
-one week trip
-not too expensive
-anywhere in the continental US.
-needs to have a swimming pool, and preferably near a river or lake
with recreational activities.

Please let me know if you know any places like this!

Thanks a lot,
Vic

The Tyler Place in Vermont comes immediately to mind, because it meets all
of your criteria. For that many people, you really can't wait too long.
http://tylerplace.com/ It's on the rustic side.

Keith

Old June 25th, 2007, 12:07 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Rudy[_1_]

Actually, the cabins are on a different website but are on the same property
as the Holiday Inn and Comfort Inn

http://www.blairhotels.com/bbv/introc.htm

Not a great webpage but all the info is there if you look thru.

We've held small conventions of about that number of people there 3X over
the years. Had a great time..everybody always wants to go back.

Old June 25th, 2007, 12:10 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

guaranteed reservations for about
125 people two years in advance,

You may want to get the help of a travel agent who's experienced with
booking large groups.

Be aware that some hotels have different policies for group bookings
than they do for individual bookings, as they have to protect
themselves against someone booking a large block of rooms and then
canceling at the last minute. Some hotels won't "guarantee" a booking
for a large group until they receive a deposit.