Location for large family reunion

Old June 25th, 2007, 03:11 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Sarah Banick

Default Location for large family reunion

"Shawn Hirn" wrote in message
In article . com,
wrote:

Hello,

I am looking for a location for our family reunion. Our requirements

-guaranteed reservations for about 125 people two years in advance,
in family-sized cabins that are nearby to each other
-close to local attractions
-one week trip
-not too expensive
-anywhere in the continental US.
-needs to have a swimming pool, and preferably near a river or lake
with recreational activities.

Please let me know if you know any places like this!

There are tons of places. Any big resort such as the ones in the Poconos
in Pennsylvania or the Catskills in New York State can handle your
family reunion, no problem. There's also tons hotels in Wildwood, NJ
that can handle your request, such as the Montego Bay.

I don't have any immediate suggestions, but, depending on what time of year,
and other variables, you may want to consider a camp or retreat facility.
Many churches, universities, and other institutions, have places like this,
and they are usually not that expensive (they just want to make a little
money in their down time). If you have an idea for the location, call the
area Visitor's Bureau or Chamber of Commerce. [Make sure to ask lots of
questions, though. We turned down one church retreat facility because it
didn't allow any alcohol.]

Old June 25th, 2007, 04:59 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

you may want to consider a camp or retreat facility.
Many churches, universities, and other institutions,
have places like this, and they are usually not that
expensive

That might be a good idea, but make sure that the rooms have private
bathrooms. Church camps and college housing sometimes have big
restrooms that are shared by many people, which some folks at your
reunion may not like, especially families with young children.

Old June 25th, 2007, 05:01 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
PeterL

On Jun 24, 9:17 am, wrote:
Hello,

I am looking for a location for our family reunion. Our requirements

-guaranteed reservations for about 125 people two years in advance,
in family-sized cabins that are nearby to each other
-close to local attractions
-one week trip
-not too expensive
-anywhere in the continental US.
-needs to have a swimming pool, and preferably near a river or lake
with recreational activities.

Please let me know if you know any places like this!

Thanks a lot,
Vic

One suggestion I have is Asilomar State Park and Conference Center in
California. Do a web search and see if it fits your needs.

Old June 26th, 2007, 12:11 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Calif Bill

"PeterL" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jun 24, 9:17 am, wrote:
Hello,

I am looking for a location for our family reunion. Our requirements

-guaranteed reservations for about 125 people two years in advance,
in family-sized cabins that are nearby to each other
-close to local attractions
-one week trip
-not too expensive
-anywhere in the continental US.
-needs to have a swimming pool, and preferably near a river or lake
with recreational activities.

Please let me know if you know any places like this!

Thanks a lot,
Vic

One suggestion I have is Asilomar State Park and Conference Center in
California. Do a web search and see if it fits your needs.

The not too expensive part removes Asilomar from the equation.

Old June 26th, 2007, 02:01 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Gary[_2_]

You might want to look at Pere Marquette Lodge (Illinois State Park
facility) http://www.pmlodge.net/ . It's not very far from St. Louis so
people who want to fly in have a large airport available. It's in a fairly
scenic area and there is lots to do fairly close by.
--
Gary
Visit Lucy & Gary and do the jigsaw puzzle at

ups.com...