smokers revenge

Old May 25th, 2004, 11:37 AM
Howie

Default smokers revenge

Cygne 2003 wrote:

A psychological study showed that a woman who smokes tries to find in the
cigarette a substitute in the male penis.

I assume you prefer to chow down on the real thing, philosopher.

Howie - rotf

Old May 25th, 2004, 01:14 PM
Kevin

Cygne 2003 wrote:
The health is indeed the most important thing in the life. When someone wishes
a happy New Year, he wishes as well a good health ! The health must be kept
well, so you can answer to the aggressive smoker that you would give him a bad
service if you let him smoke.

If he thinks the ban to smoke affects his "freedom", please, say to him that
if he had a little more worked at school, he would have learnt in the course of
philosophy what means the word "freedom" and would have heard this Spinoza's
quotation : "The drunkard believes to say by a free decree about what he would
after have wanted to keep silent". So when the human being is subjected to
drives, he believes to be free by following them, while he is governed by
forces outside his free will. Indeed, the urge to smoke is due to a dependence,
thus to a force against the free will of the human person. It is the drug of
the cigarette that is an infringement on the personal freedom, not the ban to
smoke!
Let a smoker smoke, it means letting a child play with matches. If really he
was an adult and a responsible, he wouldn't smoke.

A psychological study showed that a woman who smokes tries to find in the
cigarette a substitute in the male penis.

The smoker has in common with the one who doesn't wash himself the LACK OF
HYGIENE. Now the one who doesn't wash himself is, in most of the cases, not
concient that he hurts, while the smoker knows that he hurts.

A smoker continues to smoke although he knows that it hurts to himself. Now a
person who is inclined to hurt is also inclined to hurt the others, then...

A proverb says that someone can't like the others if he doesn't like himself.
Because the smoker does not like itself himself, he can't like the others.

Sounds like another liberal activists. Get out the violins.

Old May 25th, 2004, 02:33 PM
TCS

On Tue, 25 May 2004 12:14:04 GMT, Kevin wrote:
Cygne 2003 wrote:
[...]

No, sounds like somebody who doesn't like foul, disgusting, cancerous air.

And you sound like a idiotic, paranoid, conservative dittohead who blames "the
liberals" for anybody who disagrees with you.
Old May 25th, 2004, 02:44 PM
Cruising Chrissy

On Tue, 25 May 2004 06:37:17 -0400, Howie
wrote:

Cygne 2003 wrote:

A psychological study showed that a woman who smokes tries to find in the
cigarette a substitute in the male penis.

I assume you prefer to chow down on the real thing, philosopher.

Howie

She couldn't fit you in her mouth, Howie, unless is multi jointed like
a shark.

AWESOME!

http://makeashorterlink.com/?N29B21537

WORD!
Old May 25th, 2004, 03:46 PM
Kevin

Cygne 2003 wrote:

[...]

Generally I think liberals are here for our amusement.

Old May 25th, 2004, 03:47 PM

What a bunch of crap!! --Especially the penis remark. ...The only
honest statement I've read on this thread is the point regarding one's
personal disgust over the smell of cigarette smoke. ...Sure goes to
show how easy and controllable people can be by a few strategically
placed words on TV. ...A psychological scare tactic that suckers
individuals in like the Jehovah Witness'.
... Listen...People breathe in tons of noxious chemicals every
day....All day long, from vehicle exhaust, industry, forest fires, radon
gas, asbestos products, air conditioners, etc. etc. etc. ...But there's
this mind set that second hand smoke (probably because it can be seen)
emanating from someone standing 50 feet away is the big killer.
...Ridiculous. ...I quit smoking back in 77, but I bet I inhaled more
deadly chemicals while disembarking in San Diego (during the fire) than
I did throughout years of puffing.
...Want to stay healthy and live a long life? ...Then get off your
butt, and cut down on some of that junk food that's not only expanding
your back side, but clogging up your arteries. ...Jon

Old May 25th, 2004, 04:30 PM
Reef Fish

(Cygne 2003) wrote in message ...

Mind you this is a newsgroup. As such, bulls and BS roam. I am
actually the Devil Himself. But for you, I'll only play His advocate.

The health is indeed the most important thing in the life. When
someone wishes a happy New Year, he wishes as well a good health !

That's your faulty assumption! Happiness is not synomymous with
good health. MONEY makes lots of folks happy.

Furthermore, if you are Chinese, the New Year wishes are "Kung Hee
Fat Choi" (in Cantonese), which loosely means "wish you make a
fortune (get rich)." Many of those Chinese smoked opium. :-))

If he thinks the ban to smoke affects his "freedom", please, say to him that
if he had a little more worked at school, he would have learnt in the course of
philosophy what means the word "freedom" and would have heard this Spinoza's
quotation :

You've been smoking too much Spinoza! :-) The modern Spinoza can
argue that the inudstrial pollution and the aerosol spray cans kill
more than the smoke from smokers, and will eventually kill the entire
human race via global warming and ozone depletion. :-)

Indeed, the urge to smoke is due to a dependence,
thus to a force against the free will of the human person.
It is the drug of the cigarette that is an infringement on
the personal freedom, not the ban to smoke!

Really? Regarding the subject of "dependence" see my
rec.travel.air article referenced below.

A psychological study showed that a woman who smokes tries to find in the
cigarette a substitute in the male penis.

And Dr. Sigmund Freud things everything you ever dream of has
something to do with sexual organs. :-)

The smoker has in common with the one who doesn't wash himself the LACK OF
HYGIENE. Now the one who doesn't wash himself is, in most of the cases, not
concient that he hurts, while the smoker knows that he hurts.

Aren't you confusing BO with BS? Are you now advocating the banning
of all those races of folks who tend to have strong Body Odor compared
to folks of other races?

A smoker continues to smoke although he knows that it hurts to himself. Now a
person who is inclined to hurt is also inclined to hurt the others, then...

A proverb says that someone can't like the others if he doesn't like himself.
Because the smoker does not like itself himself, he can't like the others.

Are you just practicing your rhetoric in preaching, or do you really
believe some of the BS you've been posting?

Rather than repeating what I've posted three years ago, on this very
subject, I'll simply point you to that posting of mine, which is MY
response to the present post:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?X53E12468

Three years after that post (2001), the following stand:

RF I've not smoked a single cigarette since 1992. I have not MISSED
RF it one bit -- that even surprised me, given all the addiction-
RF talk I've heard up to then.

RF I don't mind people smoking in my presence. I don't
RF sermonize against smokers any more than I don't sermonize
RF against people who use hair sprays, e.g..

RF I have just completed a thorough physical check up,
RF and received a PERFECT bill of health, among which was not a
RF trace of any ill-effect from 30 yrs of smoking, the same as on
RF the day I quit in 1992.

I remain in perfect health, travelling and cruising more in one
year than most folks in their life time. On my last regular visit
to my doc, he made this declaration that surprised me, "Wow, your
lung is incredibly clear," after having me talk a few deep breaths
and listening to various parts of my lung with his stethoscope.
I just finished a week of liveaboard scuba diving, which probably
helped clear my lungs, and nose, and sinuses. :-)

30+ years of heavy smoking didn't kill me.
12 more years of passive smoking (other smokers) didn't kill me.
I don't miss smoking one bit. Never had a cig or wanted a cig in
those 12 years.

I quit smoking NOT for health reasons, but for reasons of getting
sick and tired of anti-smoking laws and anti-smoking zealots who
couldn't just "live and let live". (Those allergic to smoke excepted).

What were you saying, preacher Cgyne 2003? :-)

-- Bob.
Old May 25th, 2004, 07:38 PM
Asya Kamsky

In article ,
chip3130 wrote:
Now don't get me wrong, I will never go on a non-smoking cruise again. The
Paradise (which is going smoking), was the most boring ship I have ever
seen. Every bar closed at 9pm, no one to be found after 10pm. Never saw
anyone in any of the nightclubs.

We sailed the Paradise January 2003 and had the opposite of your
experience. We danced till 1 or 2am every night, we ran into a
group of young guys who claimed they had spent $75 on booze on
the first day alone (and watching them drink, I don't doubt it
for a minute!), our problem (as always on Carnival ships) was
trying to decide what to do late at night as we couldn't do
everything.

--
Asya Kamsky
Old May 25th, 2004, 09:50 PM
Howie

It's really nice to read a post from an ex-smoker who doesn't buy into
the ridiculous hyperbole of the powerful anti-smoking lobby. You da
man, Bob.

Howie

Old May 25th, 2004, 10:04 PM
RTCReferee

Howie wrote:

It's really nice to read a post from an ex-smoker who doesn't buy into
the ridiculous hyperbole of the powerful anti-smoking lobby. You da
man, Bob.

Were you perhaps so thrilled to read his stance on smoking that you didn't
notice the following posted by Reef Fish:

" Aren't you confusing BO with BS? Are you now advocating the banning
of all those races of folks who tend to have strong Body Odor compared
to folks of other races?

....all * THOSE * races have strong body odor?

(P.S. Please don't anyone bother making a joke like "I thought he meant
white...ha ha ha." I can already see it coming.)