Crusising to Venezuela

Old January 31st, 2007, 06:15 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jr.

Default Crusising to Venezuela

We have written to Princess (our cruise line of choice) that they no longer
stop at ports in or owned by Venezuela.

We feel that Chavez is so anti-American that there is no reason (other than
the cheap diesel fuel) to stop at Caracas or Isla Margarita or any other
port in Venezuela.

In the future we will avoid the cruises that stop there.

We hope that all of you will do the same.

Old January 31st, 2007, 06:16 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jr.

Default Cruising to Venezuela

OOPS that should have been cruising.

Also, we hope that you write to your favorite cruise line as well.

m...

Old January 31st, 2007, 06:39 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
rieker

Also, we hope that you write to your favorite cruise line as well.

I did...my letter to Princess was to request a longer port visit in Isla
Margarita. It's a relatively undiscovered location and we hope to visit
again so that we can spend more time at the places that we barely tasted the
first time.

Old January 31st, 2007, 07:04 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jr.

While I agree that Isla Margarita is a great place to visit I think with the
rioting in Venezuela and the fact that the money goes into Huge Chavez's
pockets it is not a place I care to visit again.

Old January 31st, 2007, 07:57 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
jim

You also might add that you will not utilizes them or any line that visits a
Nation that is under a Dictator. Yes he is a Dictator as he asked for and
just received dictatorial powers from his nation. Seems like that was also
done by a person named Adolph Hitler!
Jim

m...

Old January 31st, 2007, 09:03 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
rieker

"Jr." wrote in message
m...
While I agree that Isla Margarita is a great place to visit I think with
the rioting in Venezuela and the fact that the money goes into Huge
Chavez's pockets it is not a place I care to visit again.

Your views are obviously political...your choice. How do you reconcile the
fact that cruise lines also visit Communist China and (horrors) Viet Nam,
not to mention the years of economic support the taxpayers have given to
Russia and other so-called adversaries?

Investigation usually supports the fact that any boycott has little short
term effect on the rulers, it is the common folk who suffer. Eventually,
regime change may occur, but it won't be the result of a tourism boycott.
To wit, Cuba....it appears that, in spite of great efforts to oust him,
Castro will die in office.

I, for one, wish that I could find Havana on a cruise itinerary. Not
because I like the politics (ugh), but because I like to visit new places
and see new things....expanding my horizons, learning to understand cultures
and peoples...regardless of their politics.

We had a rather explicit description from our tour guide of what the people
of Isla Margarita thought of the govt in Caracas when we were there a year
ago....it wasn't pretty.

(sorry for the thread drift)

Old January 31st, 2007, 10:29 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Paradise

Why should we only cruise to friendly countries? Explain.

Old January 31st, 2007, 10:48 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Jr.
wrote:

We hope that all of you will do the same.

Nope. I won't do the same.

--
Charles
Old February 1st, 2007, 12:03 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jr.

Well, I guess it is true. Patriotism is dead.
Why not vacation in Iran?
Why not vacation in North Korea?
Because they are anti-American and on the terrorist watch list as well as
being our enemies..
If you want your dollars to continue to go for enemies of the USA then go
ahead.
I hope that the next time you go to Venezuela that Hugo Chavez confiscates
your ship and holds all the passengers hostage.
Then you will realize the danger of going to countries on the terrorist
watch list and enemies of the US.
I am done with this thread.
Several of you have proven the Equine Paradox
which states "there are many more horses asses in this world than there are
horses"

"Charles" wrote in message
d...

Old February 1st, 2007, 12:19 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

Does that mean you'll stop driving as well?

What if the oil for your gasoline comes from Venezuela, or Iran?

--Tom

m...