Mayan Ruin Sties near Cozumel?

Old March 2nd, 2007, 02:32 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

Default Mayan Ruin Sties near Cozumel?

In article , Surfer
E2468 wrote:

We also did the chichenitza ruins,but that was a long,long time ago,then
it was a 3 hour ride thru the jungle,and was well worth it,those ruins
are the best,but when we did it the cost was only $75.00 now it is
much,much,more

I did Chicken-Itza a number of years ago too, not from a cruise ship.
Because I was on a land trip I was able to spend a whole day there and
it was well worth whatever it cost, which I don't recall now. The ride
thru the jungle was enlightening too. That was before they finished the
superhighway.

--
Charles
Old March 2nd, 2007, 02:54 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

Hi all

Thanks for your replies to my questions. Now that it looks like I will
most likely book through Princess i was hoping that someone could tell
me which of the following I should consider and why.

San Gervasio Mayan Ruins

TULUM, LOST CIVILIZATION OF MAYANS

COBA MAYAN RUINS

Thanks again
Michael

Old March 2nd, 2007, 05:12 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
jim

" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi all

Thanks for your replies to my questions. Now that it looks like I will
most likely book through Princess i was hoping that someone could tell
me which of the following I should consider and why.

San Gervasio Mayan Ruins

ANSWERED IN LINE..........

Very small and unimpressive

TULUM, LOST CIVILIZATION OF MAYANS

Small but very important and unique ruins. Quite impressive. ONLY ruin
directly on the ocean.

COBA MAYAN RUINS

Expansive area but mostly undeveloped and unearthed. The tallest temple in
Mexico is located there and a few years ago you could still climb them but
be aware that they are steep and somewhat dangerous.

Thanks again
Michael

You did not ask about Chitizen Itza but that ruined city is very, very
impressive and you could easily spend a couple of days thee exploring the
area. It is worth going there ONLY if you dock in Progresso or take the time
for a land vacation in the Yucatan like we did.
Jim

Old March 4th, 2007, 03:48 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Russell Patterson

On 1 Mar 2007 18:54:10 -0800, "
wrote:

Hi all

Thanks for your replies to my questions. Now that it looks like I will
most likely book through Princess i was hoping that someone could tell
me which of the following I should consider and why.

San Gervasio Mayan Ruins

TULUM, LOST CIVILIZATION OF MAYANS

If you go to Tulum, make sure you where your swim suit under your
clothes, as there is a nice beach there.

COBA MAYAN RUINS

Thanks again
Michael