Viking Yacht Cruises - Greek Isles

Old November 9th, 2003, 05:16 PM
D Ball

Default Viking Yacht Cruises - Greek Isles

Is there anyone out there who has actually cruised with Viking in Greece?
I like what I read on their website, but I haven't found too many current
reviews (there are several dated 1998 on http://www.smallshipcruises.com).
We are looking at this as a more reasonably-priced option to the pricier
Greek Isle cruises offered by the premium lines. We're considering traveling
in June/July 2004, party of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids ages 13 and 11, need two
cabins).

TIA.

Diana Ball
Near Houston, TX
http://www.dianaball.net

NCL Sea – W Carib - Holidays 99
RCI Explorer – E Carib - Holidays 00
RCI Rhapsody – W Carib - Holidays 01 (back-to-back)
NCL Star – Hawaii - June 02
Dawn Princess – Alaska - July 02
Star Princess – Mex Riviera - Holidays 02
RCI Serenade – Transatlantic – Maiden 08/04/03
RCI Mariner – E Carib - Holidays 03

Old November 12th, 2003, 04:15 AM
Cal Ford

Never cruised with them, almost did but had to cancel for schedule reasons. The
two brothers that run the business were a real pleasure to deal with and
hopefully we will get one of their voyages back on the horizon soon. Some people
confuse them with Viking River Cruises but they are an entirely different
company and experience.

They tend to move from Island to Island in the wee hours of the morning and you
spend most of you time docked right in the middle of the old villages. Not all
of your meals are part of the package on board so you are free to wander around
the town and eat where and when you wish. There is no entertainment or
activities aboard and the cabins are pretty small. This is more of an adventure
than what the average person thinks of when the word "Cruise" comes up. If you
are traveling with good friends though this would be fantastic way to go. The
trip of a lifetime for sure.

I have got to get this one back in the hopper.......

Cal Ford
http://www.lidodeckcruises.com
800-511-4417

In article , D Ball says...

Old November 12th, 2003, 05:01 AM
D Ball

Cal,

Thank you for your thoughtful input. I like what you describe. It might be
a good fit for us. I'll let you know if we decide to give it a go.