Rice to Iran - You're Next

Old February 11th, 2005, 10:13 PM
Frank F. Matthews

Default Rice to Iran - You're Next

Deep Foiled Malls wrote:

On 11 Feb 2005 09:03:53 -0800, wrote:

Deep Foiled Malls wrote:

On 10 Feb 2005 11:18:30 -0800,
wrote:

Magda wrote:

On 9 Feb 2005 13:48:42 -0800, in rec.travel.europe,

arranged some

electrons, so they looked like this :

... John Starrett wrote:
... Alborz wrote:
... Iran must hold the program
... Iran case must be reffered to UN security Council.
... we hear it since 3-4 years , at least one- two times in

the

week.

... once from negro powel , now from nigga Rice and for time

time

... from Moron
... Bush
... now it is boring.
... How about a little respect? You may not like their

politics,

but

... insulting them because of their race is just boorish.
... Generally I respect those who show respect to me. Bush and co

have

... shown nothing but disdain for the American people. I have no

respect for them.

Half of the American people showed no respect for themselves and

for

the other half, as

well.

I disagree. Respect is a personal thing, not a group thing. I

respect

the people
who voted for Bush honestly because they voted honestly. Likewise I
respect the
people who voted against him. Respecting the people who voted is not
the same as
respecting the person they voted for. Some of my best friends voted

for

Bush, others
voted against him. That's their chocie.

I find it hard to respect someone who can respect someone who voted
Bush.

Perhaps I over-value respect.

Whatever. I respect honest choices and I tend to respect people who
vote. I think they made a huge mistake but then they think I did so
I can live with that. I see no virtue or value in hating or despising
half of the population in the country.

I can if it induces healthy dissent which appears to be aggressively
discouraged in the USA at the moment.

I don't see it as discouraged. Ignored yes. There are a bunch who
would like it to be discouraged but, fortunately, they are mostly
ignored as well.

Old February 11th, 2005, 10:31 PM
Deep Foiled Malls

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 22:13:58 GMT, "Frank F. Matthews"
wrote:

Deep Foiled Malls wrote:

On 11 Feb 2005 09:03:53 -0800, wrote:

Deep Foiled Malls wrote:

... John Starrett wrote:
... Alborz wrote:
[...]

From what I can ascertain, people are somewhat slotted into Repub or
Democrat baskets.

i.e., if you are anti Bush, you are a democrat. If you want good
public healthcare, you're a democrat. If you are a patriot, you are
pro-whoeverhappenstobeinpower.

Does it get beyond that level of debate, or is it usually boiled down
to that? The polls and election results would indicate so.
--
---
DFM -