Game Parks near Victoria Falls

Old August 1st, 2005, 04:52 PM

Default Game Parks near Victoria Falls

There are a number of game parks in Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia and
Namibia near Victoria Falls. Is it possible to drive to and camp in
these parks. Is it advisable? Actually, I would prefer to avoid
driving. Is there public transport? Should I book a tour? I don't
really like the idea of going on a tour with a bunch of rich old farts
and staying in expensive luxury accommodations but then I'm not a
very daring traveler would like to avoid doing my own driving. Which
parks are the most interesting? I would like to see a variety of
wildlife, birds etc. I'm sure each park has its own character but I
only have so much time. Which parks would provide the most interest and
variety?

Thanks
Steve Gerdemann

Old August 1st, 2005, 05:51 PM
Corné

schreef in bericht
ups.com...

There are a number of game parks in Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia and
Namibia near Victoria Falls. Is it possible to drive to and camp in
these parks. Is it advisable? Actually, I would prefer to avoid
driving. Is there public transport? Should I book a tour? I don't
really like the idea of going on a tour with a bunch of rich old farts
and staying in expensive luxury accommodations but then I'm not a
very daring traveler would like to avoid doing my own driving. Which
parks are the most interesting? I would like to see a variety of
wildlife, birds etc. I'm sure each park has its own character but I
only have so much time. Which parks would provide the most interest and
variety?

Thanks
Steve Gerdemann

Hwange NP, about 1,5 hours from Vic. Falls is worth a visit! The biggest
park in Zimbabwe, and probably not a lot of tourists there.

Regards from the bush,

Corné.

www.amukela.com

Old August 18th, 2005, 08:36 AM
pootdi-2

Hwange NP, about 1,5 hours from Vic. Falls is worth a visit! The biggest
park in Zimbabwe, and probably not a lot of tourists there.

Regards from the bush,

There's a camping there and beds,rooms for rent. It's not far from the
railway either, so you have good connections, to bulaweyo for ex.
Bushwalks with good guide and 4WD tours are also available

Ciao
Didier pooters